yesterday went out never again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

yesterday went out never again yesterday went out never again

Unread 09-23-2006, 08:46 PM
yesterday went out never again

yesterday i was feeliing rearlly good so dd asked if i go with her to get a top for work experiance.
well i got dressed first time in 10 days and off i went. well within half an hour i was is in pain we didnt drive we got son to drop us off i sat down to have a coffee while she got the top. well by this time an hour went past i was feeling sick sore and in pain rearly in pain
we phoned son to pick us up. now this was only an hour out of house.
oh my god i was so glad to see the house the pjs and the pain killers.i took two and i was rearly in pain took an hour before they worked well it seemed that way.
Well lesson learned not to go out for another 2 weeks
rest,
leave pjs on for a while longer as the opp was bikini cut and when ur feeling on top of the world with no pain DONT GO OUT..... NOT GOOD IDEA
Dianne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2006, 09:11 PM

Buffy, I had a LAVH on sept 12, and 6 days later a friend wanted to take me to lunch. I allowed plenty of time to shower so I didn't have to rush, then dressed very comfortably (elastic-waist slacks and a T) and we had a nice visit lasting about 2 hours. When I got home I felt ok but was totally exhausted. (no pain though) Then I went to bed and took a loooooong nap. Have not had to take any medicine at any time.
Unread 09-23-2006, 11:40 PM

Lesson learned by all of us, I believe. Stay in those jammies and enjoy the pampering for a while longer. Rest is the best healer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2006, 01:05 PM

It seems I've overdone it myself. Yesterday I was feeling great, only 3 days post op, had some friends come to visit, we watched a movie and then she started cooking dinner for us , my family & hers. I thought I could be helpful just by cutting up some veggies, which was helpful, but even less than an hour on my feet got me so worn out. I immediately felt a swollen belly, and was staring with the pain again. After dinner (Which I couldn't even enjoy because of the pain and tiredness) I appologized, I thanked her for her help and for cooking for my family.I excused myself and went and laid down. I couldn't believe how totally wipped out I felt. I hope that does not last long. I am so bored at home already, I am suffering from a terrible case of CABIN FEVER! But I am not going to push myself.
How are all you doing? How long did it take for you to not be so tired from everyday tasks??
Unread 09-24-2006, 02:17 PM

Buffy, After my two week checkup, my doc said I could do light driving. Well, I went out for a small drive and boy did it bother me. I still take it easy driving. I only go short distances. This coming week I have to drive further than I have been. I hope I do ok. Do not drive unless you absolutely have to. I have a Jeep and it killed me to even close the door. The first two weeks, go slow, next weeks following, go slow!!!! I wish I had my old little satun car back. Blinky
Unread 09-24-2006, 03:13 PM

RC -

I am not one to sit still. The bargain I made with myself was 'one thing a day'. I went to get a watch band one day. Another went and got soup at store (knew which aisle). That kind of thing. I found I was fine for about 45 minutes pretty much right from the start. And that's about where I stayed until this past week.

Starting last week, I can say I am good for several hours a day. I went to the mall and walked one end to the other, stopping in a couple stores. I was tired when we got back to where we started, a little sore, had lunch and when I stood up I wasn't sore anymore. Still went home and laid down but I can see the improvement.

Is it what I expected/wanted? Not quite but it's improving. In just over 2 weeks I am supposed to return to work full time. I am nervous about that. I think I am going to advise boss I am returning 1st week only 6 hours a day. If he sounds like it will be a problem (I don't expect it), I'll ask Dr for note.

Hang in there, it gets better.

Julie
Unread 09-24-2006, 03:39 PM

i had my sah on 9/12/06, and i venture out with my husband driving of coarse. but i can tell you i did a very dumb thing yesterday..i have been missing my boys and thought i could handle them..they are two and three. they have been going to day care every day since surgery. due to upcomming elections my husband has had to work 7 days a week. well by the end of the day i was soooo tired i couldn't even walk..i realize now that i am in no shape as of yet to do too much of anything(o.k.so my super women cape has to go away for a little while longer Lol) the only real problem i have been having is i feel a lot of pressure sometimes on my cervix..i got to keep it and my overies...hoever, overies have shut down and i am on premarin...i still hurt but am trying to manage with RX motrin...anyways lesson learned...rest rest rest(:

luv, sacha
Unread 09-24-2006, 03:43 PM

I just wanted to say that I'm now 2 months post-hyst and I'm just starting to feel my energy returning. I didn't drive until 4 weeks and had to sit down after an hour at the mall. I returned to work at 6 weeks, still very tired, only working 4 days a week. I was fairly active pre-hyst and it was hard to slow down... but now I feel it was really worth it. Please try not to do too much too soon.

The full healing takes a very long time... up to a year for some of us!!
Unread 09-24-2006, 04:17 PM

I was told that my first trip out in a car, with someone else driving, could be my post-op visit two weeks after the surgery. It really is tough staying home and "doing nothing" but I'm not going to risk anything. I did a little bit around the house today, light stuff, and feel the results even though I go for a walk daily. So, please do take it easy and get plenty of rest.
Unread 09-25-2006, 03:54 AM

thanks for all your replys i feel a lot better today and pains under control
phoned hospital yesterday just to ask if i could have a bath because i was sick of the showers... the answer was yes i had a tah rso on the 13th
well it was loverly only thing was when i got out, the pain started and the tierdness.. not sure if it was the getting in and out of the bath that started it.. when does this tied feeling go away ( it was only a bath )
Dianne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register