Setback | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators. is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-24-2006, 07:46 AM

I am SO ready for my surgery this Friday the 29th. My surgeon wanted me to taper down on the estrogen and be off of it this week because it slightly raises the risk of blood clots. She thought the 9/5 shot of Lupron would have kicked in and prevented bleeding.

Well I spent 7 hours in the ER last night getting a hemorrhage under control. I wasn't transfused this time but my hematocrit dropped from 35 to 28. I am so concerned that this will interfere with my surgery. The idea of postponing it is just so discouraging.
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-24-2006, 07:53 AM

s I am so sorry that you spent last night in the ER. You are almost there. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. May you stay well the rest of the week, not have a repeat of last night's hemorrhaging, your surgery uneventful and your recovery be quick and pain-free.

Unread 09-24-2006, 12:19 PM

I understand your fears. I got a sinus infection this week and my trip to the ER last weekend got me cellulitis in my arm from the IV. I am doing so much better now. I think all of you praying for me did the trick! That was the shortest sinus infection ever. I will pray that your surgery is not cancelled so you don't have to go through this emotional rollercoaster again. I just said a prayer for you and will continue to do so for you and all my hyster sisters! GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS!
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-24-2006, 03:45 PM

Hi there jandybee,

I was reading this thread and realized that our surgery dates are the same. Mine is the 29th also. The waiting is the hardest part. Sorry to hear about your complications. I too have had a set back this week. I had some really bad pain this past Wed. in my right upper belly under my ribs and went to the ER. I was informed on Fri. that I have to have my gallbladder removed the same time of my hyst. They are hoping my gallbladder will wait until Fri. I don't have stones but I have infection in there and the walls of it are too thick. I am on Vicoden right now for pain to get me through this week, not to mention the pain I have from the land below the ribs! hee hee.

I am so tired of the constant bleeding myself. I have adenomyosis in the uterus and the pain is excruciating. On top of the stress of worry for myself, my baby dog had to have emergency surgery today as well, so we will both be recovering together. Good luck on Fri. My Pre-op is on Wed so I won't find out the time of surgery until then.

Best Wishes
Unread 09-24-2006, 06:43 PM

Thanks Guys - I mean Sisters,

Bleeding again tonight with pelvic pain. The on-call doctor said to go to the ER. This is so nerve-wracking. Last night in the waiting room there were so many people with drippy coughs and sneezes. I am trying to assess whether I REALLY should go, or just go to sleep and hope the bleeding subsides.

As hard as this is, I am in awe of the courageous women on these boards. Irish I'm so glad you don't have long to wait at all. I will so be sending best thoughts your way on Tuesday, and Prazdancer of course I'll be thinking of you on our big day! Just think of it this way - you're getting two surgeries under one anesthesia and you can recover from both at the same time. Very efficient of you! My surgery is at 2 PM.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, words, and prayers. If you could just give a little more of that mental energy my way tonight, I might make it through the night.

Unread 09-25-2006, 06:24 AM

Hi Janet,

How are you? Hope things are doing better with the bleeding today.
Just thinking about you. I am glad I found someone who has the same date as mine. Maybe, we can check in on eachother as we recovery and compare notes! I'm sorry but I can't remember what you are having done. I am suppose to be having a Total Laproscopic Hyst. They are taking my ovaries and then some! hee hee The way things are going I may only end up with just my intestines left. hee hee!

Unread 09-25-2006, 12:26 PM

Okay...urrrgggghhh! Now I am ready to scream!!! I just got a call from my MD office and my Gyne doc wants me to have a HIDAscan done on my gallbladder. I just had the ultrasound done and now they want more, $2000 more for this test. I am so angry with this whole mess. I am scheduled fo surgery for Fri and now if I do this test which will probably be tomorrow or Wed. that means they may post pone the Hyst until I get results, which means it may be another month. Now they are saying, "You "may" have infection." Before, it was infection. No insurance, money is exhausted, what do I do?

Evidentally, it isn't serious enough to determine from Ultrasound, so my point of view is, if they can do this thing tomorrow without requiring $2000 up front and get my results to the doc before surgery on Fri. then I'm for it. If not, I'm against it! I will go forward with the Hyst and move on. However, I am afraid that my Gyne doc will not want to do anything until I find out for sure. Does anyone know what my rights are? Can I point blank say, I am having the Hyst and forget about the other until it is an emergency. I am going to have a temper trantrum before the day is over...........................
Unread 09-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Setback comparison to Tommy Lee Jones in the Lorretta Lynn movie, ..."I sound like and ol' bear a growlin!"
I'm okay....I'm okay...(sigh)
Unread 09-25-2006, 12:56 PM

Oh Prazdancer... deeeEEEEEeep breath...

My question about diagnostic tests is, if you are going to have your gallbladder out regardless, why bother with the test? I recommend that you have a conference with your doctor(s), by phone if it's easier, preferably with an advocate on the line, and write ALL your questions down. Can you be treated with antibiotics as if you do indeed have a gall bladder infection? (without confirming the presence of infection?) I mean, jeez, does the physician understand you will have to pay 2000 for this test out of pocket? If not, he/she might be a little sympathetic when you explain the situation.

I am hoping that NOTHING gets in the way of surgery for either of us THIS FRIDAY!

I am doing better. The bleeding stopped (thanks to hystersisters thoughts and prayers I'm sure) and my surgeon said that we are going forward on Friday and will just accept the fact that I will probably need a transfusion. She plans to have two units on hand for the surgery.

Isn't it amazing how quickly your outlook changes from bright to horrible and back? I wish you well, and your little dog too. My cat seems able to settle in exactly where I need a warm purring friend when I'm not feeling well.

Keep posting. Love, Janet
Unread 09-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Still No Answer????

Hey again Janet,

Wow, I went back and read my post again, I really showed myself!...sorry

Here is the deal...The ultrasound showed that I had "possibly infection and that the walls are thick. From what I have read, antibiotics doesn't seem to be an effecient way of getting rid of this. Only surgery.
However, because the radiologist is saying, possibly, they are wanting to have a definite answer for a + bad gallbladder. I think my doc is afraid that if he just does the Hyst and not soon after surgery I have a full blown attack it will require an immediate surgery on top of recovery from the first. I can understand his concern but please, if the ultrasound is showing something questionable, just take it out already and be done with it. The docs know I don't have insurance. So for me, the ultrasound was just a huge waste of time and for that matter, why didn't they just order the scan instead of the ultrasound? Anyway, glad you are doing better but hate to hear that you may have to have a transfusion, that must be scary. Best Wishes!
Oh, I am presently at this moment STILL waiting for the Gyne doc to call me back so we can discuss this matter. It is almost 3:30 and probably won't hear until after the office closes...another day down of knowing absolutely nothing since last WED.!!!! Welcome to my wonderful world of "How you are treated without insurance!"

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions

Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
2 Replies, Last Reply 11-07-2007, Started By jayanne
6 Replies, Last Reply 05-25-2004, Started By msfinne
8 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
1 Reply, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
8 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
14 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
10 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
8 Replies, Aching Hearts
5 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
3 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
4 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
3 Replies, The Road Less Traveled


Hysterectomy News

July 31,2021


HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive


Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays

Request Information

I am a HysterSister


Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours


Your Hysterectomy Date

CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  

$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!