My Puppy - She Gets The Award For Waiting Patiently!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Puppy - She Gets The Award For Waiting Patiently!!!! My Puppy - She Gets The Award For Waiting Patiently!!!!

Unread 09-27-2006, 06:55 AM
My Puppy - She Gets The Award For Waiting Patiently!!!!

My poor baby - she hasn't had a whole lot of attention the past couple of weeks, but she is being such a good puppy. She really isn't a puppy - she is 3 years old - a Kelpie/Cattle dog cross and a very full-on dog normally; but I have been talking lots to her through the window of the house & waving at her (she is an outdoor dog to begin with...uuugghh - not my rules - the landlord's), but I think she knows. I took her outside yesterday (well, my dh took her outside for me) & he had her jump up on the mailbox (concrete-like box) so she was at my level and I gave her lots of pets and brushed her, too. When I went out to feed her tonight, she was so calm & quiet - I'm like, yeah, she so knows that I have had surgery & she needs to play it cool with me! I'm looking forward to when I am strong enough without risking pulling to throw the ball for her & kick her soccer ball around for her, too She has been so patient & quiet, waiting. I'll bet when she sees me walking inside the house, she is thinking, "hello, why aren't you taking me for a walk?" Hahahaha

Anyone else have puppy stories? Mine is really a gem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2006, 07:12 AM

Animals know when we don't feel good. My cat has NOT left my side since I got home...she lays right next to me...how sweet

Hugs
Unread 09-27-2006, 08:14 AM

I have 3 cats and a Peke-a-Pom that have showered me with so much attention that it's bordering on annoying. I have to watch where I walk because my dog is constantly underfoot and I have no room to sleep in my bed because it's filled with furbabies. Yes, they definately know when something's wrong. My little doggie forgot yesterday and jumped up onto my tummy. YOUCHIE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2006, 08:59 AM

My rottweiler was the best. I still feel so guilty because I'm still not able to play with him the way he needs. He likes to wrestle, but I can't do it yet.

He was the best during recovery. He normally likes to lean his butt up against you so you'll pat it, but he is so massive he'll knock someone over who isn't prepared for it. He didn't do this to me after I came home from the castle. He was very gentle & calm & just stayed by me keeping an eye on me. Now he thinks I'm just fine & looks at me like he's mad when he wants to wrestle & jump on his hind legs to play & I can't.
Unread 09-27-2006, 09:46 AM

After my surgery, my border collie (who is an elderly gentleman now, and retired) would come and sleep on the floor next to the couch where I was sleeping. He normally sleeps on the bathroom floor next to the tub (cooler I guess). When I would wake up in the night I could easily reach down and pet him. So comforting! He is such a pal!
Unread 09-27-2006, 10:14 AM

I posted in another forum here about my hyperactive hyper jack russell terrier wanting on my lap and having to wait for me to get the pillow to protect my tummy. He has been bringing the pillow over to me so he can curl up. I think now that he learned the new trick im stuck with holding this shabby pillow on my tummy for the rest of my life now. lol
Unread 09-27-2006, 10:24 AM

Ahhh, how sweet. My "baby" Fiona is a Westie who celebrated her first birthday yesterday. She shared a bowl of chicken noodle soup with me. Fi has been at my side faithfully since returning from the castle yesterday. Last weekend I bought her a set of doggie steps to use so she could still cuddle up next to me on the sofa, recliner, etc. She weights just 14 lbs but that's too much for me to lift.

The unconditional love our furbabies give us is just too precious!

I hope you can get your arms around your baby's neck soon! Fi has definitely had a calming and healing effect on me!
Unread 09-27-2006, 12:14 PM

Thanks gals for sharing your stories, too I appreciated reading them - my dh has a daughter (& she is a beautiful step-daughter) but we don't have any children together nor did I before we got together, so my Kelpie/Cattle dog is my bubbie & I spoil her. Yeah, I can relate with the strength of your rottweiler Tina - Jessie has so much strength, she has actually knocked me over before (not like on purpose) but because she is a cattle herding dog, she has so much power and strength in her head alone that .... well, look out if you are playing with her and she runs towards you full speed & knocks into you - POW! You should see her - she'll run into the fense or even the wall of the house in pursuit of her ball; she pays little if any notice and just keeps on going!! I Love Her!
Unread 09-27-2006, 03:35 PM

I have a Great Dane and when I came home from the hospital, he had to keep checking on me to make sure I was still there. When I was on the couch, he would sit next to me, on the couch, butt all the way back with his back legs out each side and his front legs on the ground. LOL
I would laugh and "ouch" all at the same time. He is so gentle and entertaining and what a goof.
I love my dane
Lauren
Unread 09-27-2006, 04:34 PM

Laurencia,

That is quite a mental picture! I don't know how you kept from popping a stitch!

Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register