Is it normal to urinate all the time? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it normal to urinate all the time? Is it normal to urinate all the time?

Unread 09-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Is it normal to urinate all the time?

Hi Sisters,

Gosh, all I do is run to the toilet and urinate. Is this common after surgery? I must add I have been downing lots of water and cranberry juice mixed to help prevent post op bladder infection...so that could be why too lol.

Just wondering if frequent urination is common post op.

Thanks Sisters. Hope you're having a great evening!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Frequent Urination

Yes, I experienced the same thing for the first few weeks. Part of it may be the IV fluids you were given during and after your surgery. It's good that it is leaving your system.
It certainly forces you to walk around, eh? ;-)
Move slowly and good luck!
Unread 09-28-2006, 07:46 PM

I had the same thing, I guess it must be from the IV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2006, 07:58 PM

Hi,
I drink about a gallon a day and I'm constantly running to the bathroom. The cranberry is a great idea! Any "flushing" you can do with water is great after surgery. I would worry if you have the urge to go but can't. That is sometimes a sign of bladder infection. If you have any questions about it, it never hurts to call the doctor's office. Often the nurse can help you with that info and ask good questions to find out what is going on.
Keep up the great work with drinking water!
Julia
Unread 09-28-2006, 08:59 PM

I had the same problem too. I guess they want you to practice, practice, practice to get things moving in the right direction! I figured it was from the IV. My skin looked a lot better the first few days post-op too from all the fluids. There's a cranberry pill that has the same benefits as the juice. I had a problem with frequent UTIs in my 20s and can't stomach the juice. Nasty stuff!
Unread 09-28-2006, 09:11 PM

Well..I think I am confused, have you had your surgery already? Says the 25th and if so, what ar you doing at your computer already?? I think it has to do with the IV fluids as well as, your ballder is extremely tender right now, from the catherder during surgery and the swelling, so it wont hold your urine, expect pain from that hun, (bladder spasms) are very common, and painful, but go frequently, as well as GOOD JOB..kudos x a million on cran juice and water, it will help your bladder bounce back. (i am a coke drinker POOR choice, as far as frequency and pain) So *grabs the bottle of cran-grape juice next me* CHEERS!!!
Unread 09-28-2006, 09:14 PM

Well..I think I am confused, have you had your surgery already? Says the 25th and if so, what ar you doing at your computer already?? I think it has to do with the IV fluids as well as, your ballder is extremely tender right now, from the catherder during surgery and the swelling, so it wont hold your urine, expect pain from that hun, (bladder spasms) are very common, and painful, but go frequently, as well as GOOD JOB..kudos x a million on cran juice and water, it will help your bladder bounce back. (i am a coke drinker POOR choice, as far as frequency and pain) So *grabs the bottle of cran-grape juice next me* CHEERS!!!
<TAH>both ovaries removed>pelvic lymphnodes>endometrial cancer>
Unread 09-28-2006, 10:08 PM

Great posts about frequent potty trips. I figured it was IV fluids flushing out. And when I go (which is frequent) you'd think I had turned on a fawcet somewhere! Healthy kidney function -- that's for sure!
Unread 09-28-2006, 10:29 PM

Well, it seems we have the same issues! I have been going to the loo at least 1-2 times per hour. How am I suppose to rest when I keep having to go pee! It is good to get up and walk around.
When you feel like you have to go ~ is it all of a sudden? Mine is and I go forever!!! I had a TVT done also so don't know if that makes a difference?
Unread 09-28-2006, 10:41 PM

Yep, seems like we all have the same experience here. I too have found myself in the bathroom more frequently, especially during the night.

I am used to drinking a lot of water...I normally drink about 10-12 glasses a day, so I am really not drinking much more water than I was before, but I have not had any wine in fours weeks, which can make you retain a bit of water. So I think that is where some of my extra bathroom visits may have come in.

As for being back at teh computer quickly, I had my surgery (LSH) on Sept 18th and I was back on the computer on the 19th....of course it was my laptop in my bed ;-) Today is the first day that I am back at the computer in my home office.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register