very moody | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-30-2006, 01:39 PM
very moody

I had a partial hyst done in Feb, and my mood changes from one minute to the next. I don't know if its a hormone thing or not, but my since I have my overies I am am leaning against that idea. Has anyone else felt like this? I am also wondering if the whole thing has finally hit me, I cry all the time over everything. Because it was an emergency hyst I wasn't ready for it. My doc has been practicing for 40 years and hasn"t seen a case liek mine ever. If anyone has any advice or something, please let me know!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2006, 02:24 PM
very moody

Marvaz524,

I'm so sorry you're going thru that! I know exactly how you feel. I'm doing the exact same thing today. One minute I'll bite your head off, the next I'll be balling my eyes out, then laughing right after that.

But my surgery was just Tuesday. I'd be sure to check w/ the doctor since your surgery was back in Feb. Maybe he can do a blood test to check your hormone levels.

Hope everything starts getting better for you. I'm sending you a great big
Why did you have to have an emergency hyst? If you don't mind my asking?
Unread 09-30-2006, 04:06 PM
very moody

no I don't mind...

2 weeks after delivering my daughter, vaginally, I was hemmoragging and lost all my blood. I went to the er for a D&C, they did a few of them, and couldn't stop the bleeding, with tons of meds being pumped in me also. So in order to stop the bleeding they had to take my uterus out. It turns out that where the placenta attached to the wall of my uterus would clot then the clot would come out and it wouldn't heal. It was so scary. They said that if I waited 15 more minutes to get to the hospital I wouldn't have survived! I also recieved a blood transfusion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2006, 09:23 PM
very moody

I had my hysterectomy done 16 days ago and am finding that my mood changes from sad to mad to happy and content and everything in between and I am hoping that it just is part of the process. I have one ovary left and I know that it is taking awhile for it to kick into gear and do the work of two ovaries. The hot and cold flashes are almost gone and the migraines are easing so hopefully this mood thing will balance out soon too. I normally do not have a problem with mood swings and this is definitely different and frustrating. I also think part of the problem for me is not being able to do much as I was a very busy type person before I became ill and had surgery, I even stayed pretty busy before surgery when I was just ill. so this not being busy thing is driving me nuts. One day at a time and I will make it through. It was definitely worth the surgery as the large fibroid was causing lesions on my uterus and my quality of life was getting worse by the day. You aren't alone. I think when we have such a major thing done to our bodies it affects every part of us. Take care of yourself.
Unread 09-30-2006, 11:01 PM
struggling with emotions!

Hi ya"ll, New hear and 2.5 weeks post op,(TAH,LAVH, with right ovary left) can anyone tell me how long the tears will fall, the food cravings, weight gain, to many cookies, lol, hot flashes? I feel so depressed, and a walking emotional roller coaster. I thought I was handling the surgery great, but this week has been awful! Having a very hard time trying to let myself heal, Im a very active person and am having a hard time "waiting for the family" to clean the house etc. Hubby who is AWESOME, tries to help with my emotions, but sometimes ends up making me feel worse. Sorry sisters, one of those nites, HELP!
Unread 10-01-2006, 11:22 AM
very moody

Hi there,
I had mine done almost 2 1/2 weeks ago too and I my left ovary. What I am finding is that it just takes awhile for that ovary to kick into gear and do the work of two ovaries. This morning is a pretty good morning for me. Last night I had my sister pick me up and we went and played cards at my other sisters house. Getting out of the house did me alot of good emotionally, physically I paid for it with a rough night because I was up in a chair too long. It was worth it. The hot flashes are pretty much gone so I think my ovary is starting to do what its supposed to. Hang in there. This sight is also a Godsend, I love being able to share with women who are going through the same kinds of things. It is amazing how healing that is.
Unread 10-01-2006, 07:31 PM
very moody

Thanks Mrs. J39
I thought I was going crazy until I found this site on accident. Today seems to be a better day. The hot flashes come and go but seem to be diminishing which is good news to all involved at home. lol
My ive put on 12 pounds in about a month, that depresses me even more. I was looking foward to getting this surgery, maybe its just all hitting me know that ive had surgery. But thanks for the support, I can use all I can get these days! Beclin
Unread 10-01-2006, 07:47 PM
very moody

I'm 12 and a half weeks (counting every day!) and I still get moody and have emotional breakdowns. DH has been incredible through all this and really held me together. I had a TAH, kept both ovaries, so don't think it's a menopause thing. Other women on this site have talked of feeling a loss, even though we don't miss the pain, bleeding, etc. I'm finally realizing how much our bodies have been through. I'm telling myself even more now that resting is good, stressing out is bad! Hugs to all of you, sorry so many of you have been in so much pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register