new kind of radiation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new kind of radiation new kind of radiation

Unread 10-01-2006, 08:02 AM
new kind of radiation

This is the kind of radiation that I will be having:

www.varian.com/orad/prd119.html

I thought that some of you might be interested since this is apparently a new thing. This is a function that will be crucial to me, since my node is adhered to the vena cava and right on top of the spine:

"Trilogy can also be used to target tumors that lie extremely close to critical structures or organs. For example . . . our radiation oncologists are using Trilogy's IGRT capabilities to deliver IMRT in the treatment of spinal tumors, an area that has been notoriously difficult to treat with radiation due to the proximity of the spinal cord."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2006, 09:00 AM
new kind of radiation

Hey Genie! That sounds like a MUCH better way of receiving radiation than the old machines. My rad place had one of those installed...and started using it the week after my last treatment LOL

I hope this bout of radiation is easy on you hon.
Unread 10-01-2006, 02:18 PM
new kind of radiation

That was a very interesting article, Genie. Where will you be having your radiation? I had mine at M.D. Anderson, just finished July 28. I got the IMRT but not as advanced as described in that article. They did a scan about every 4 treatments I believe, to make sure the placement was still correct. Sounds promising. Let us know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2006, 03:07 PM
new kind of radiation

This sounds very promising and very precise. Let's hope that you'll soon be telling us how easy it was overall and that it worked!
Unread 10-01-2006, 05:12 PM
new kind of radiation

Awesome information. Technology is ever amazing to me. I hope this is as effective as it promises to be. The article was really interesting. Thank you for sharing this. Good luck. Be well. Jenn
Unread 10-01-2006, 06:07 PM
new kind of radiation

Genie,

That new method sounds impressive. I wish you all the best outcomes for your upcoming treatments.

and . Let us know how it goes.
Unread 10-02-2006, 08:46 AM
new kind of radiation

Hi Genie - I had IMRT treatments in Dec '04. Positioning took awhile and then I had to NOT MOVE at all for the total amount of time I was on the table. They scanned me periodically; I can't remember now how often. Because I lost weight while going through radiation, they had to re-mark the tatoos so the radiation was going exactly where they wanted it to go. I'm so glad this technology is there for you! When do you begin the treatments?

Unread 10-02-2006, 09:57 AM
new kind of radiation

It just goes to show that they are coming up with new and better treatments on almost a daily basis!

So glad you'll be able to take advantage of this new tool - let us know how it's going.
Unread 10-02-2006, 11:28 AM
new kind of radiation

Best of luck with the new rads treatments, Genie. I hope they blast away those nasty cells so they never even think of returning!
Unread 10-02-2006, 02:45 PM
new kind of radiation

He Genie...I am so thankful technolgy gets better and better for people. Big ole hug sweetness

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register