my 1st post op question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

my 1st post op question my 1st post op question

Unread 10-02-2006, 07:17 AM
my 1st post op question

I still can't believe I made it to this side! ANd that it's finally over. yay1

okay, my first question. As I am 39, I've never had any kind of menopause/perimenopause symptom.
I just got home yesterday from the hospital, and I swear, I'm hot, then I'm cold, then I'm hot, then I'm cold.
Is this a hormonal thing? The weather here is teetering back and forth, but I just can't see that it's that.

thanks...I'm sure this is the first of many questions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2006, 07:32 AM
my 1st post op question

From what I've been told, your ovaries shut down during surgery. I was the same way the first week and a half....absolutely miserable with being hot constantly. MY BF had to carry the fan everywhere for me! LOL Since then, my ovaries seem to have "woken" up and I'm my usual self now!
Unread 10-02-2006, 07:56 AM
my 1st post op question

Yes it does feel wonderful on the other side. I am thankful for doing so well too. For a couple of days after my surgery I too had some hot spells. They didn't last long and I don't have them now. I hope everything is going to be o.k. Just have to keep having positive thoughts.
Keep smiling
Edie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2006, 08:45 AM
my 1st post op question

I have had the same thing plus night sweats and insomnia. Lovely!

Hopefully my ovaries will stop mourning the loss of their friends soon!!!
Unread 10-02-2006, 09:20 AM
my 1st post op question

I'll be at my 2 week mark tomorrow. Yes I had the hot (my own personal summer) then sweating then cold and shivering also. I had that off and on for the first week. I wasn't sure if it was the fluids from the op coming out and the anesthesia junk or if it was a menopausal "hot-flash" thing. I tend to think it was just post-op sweating and healing. I also take my temp am and pm and I noticed when I feel hot I am about 99 degrees F so running a very low grade temp. Then it goes away. I think it's normal body healing. This all happened the first week post op for me.

Mine is going away now. I still wake occassionally (3 times) with my pj's wet so I am sweating at night but not all the time. Seeing my doc today for my 2 week so I'll ask about it. I had everything removed and am on estrogen. I haven't had any other hormonal symptoms at all that I have noticed.
Unread 10-02-2006, 10:15 AM
my 1st post op question

OH yeah, I remember that. I was miserable in the castle. I kept the room almost freezing, and a big blanket on the bed. So I could be comfortable no matter what! When I got home I slept on the couch with the fan blowing directly on me, again with a big blanket. Now at 6 weeks I can safely say I think it is all behind me. The other day I was feeling really hot and went to turn on the a/c, met my son coming down the hall saying how hot it was. Yay!! It wasn't just me, it really was hot in here.
Unread 10-02-2006, 10:22 AM
my 1st post op question

I am one week post op today, no ovaries...and I am the opposite..cold now. I have been in perimeno symptoms for a couple years..oh hot all day and night sweats at night. Now I have this hyster and think it will hit me even harder..and I am the complete opposite...isn't that weird???? I guess I shouldn't complain...I told hubby last night it's so good to be chilly for a change lol.

It sounds hormonal to me. You doc can guide you more in this.

Hugs
Unread 10-02-2006, 10:35 AM
my 1st post op question

I agree with all of the above, but you should take your temperature periodically throughout the day to insure that you are not harboring a low grade fever due to an infection. Good luck.
Unread 10-02-2006, 11:08 AM
my 1st post op question

Pain meds can contribute to what you are feeling too. Good luck!
Unread 10-02-2006, 11:17 AM
my 1st post op question

Hello, I To Was So Hot The First 2 Weeks Home, I Was Running A Temp Of 100.2 And Come To Find Out I Had Uti, So If You Have A Temp You Might Want To Go To The Doc., He Took Blood And Urine Samples Then Gave Me Antibiotics And Then The Hotness Went Away, But He Did Tell Me My Oviers Could Be In Shock And That Can Make You Hot But Shouldnt Cause A Fever

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register