Some people don't think | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Some people don't think Some people don't think

Unread 10-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Some people don't think

It makes me so angry when someone tells you something that scares the pants off ya! A "friend" of mine just stopped into the office and asked about my hyst tomorrow and then proceded to inform me of this "one girl she knew and all the bad things she went through" (I won't divulge any details as I don't want to put thoughts into any of my sister's heads before surgery) As if I wasn't nervous enough to begin with, now I have to try to get that out of my brain!!! I wish people had a better sense of "censorship" in their comments to someone who's about to go through a life-changing experience. Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Some people don't think

s to you. This does not sound like much of a friend. This person was probably embelshing the story. I agree that if you can't be supportive, don't say anything. Just remember all of the positive posts and support that you have read / received here from all of the sisters. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. May your surgery be uneventful and your recovery smooth, rapid and pain-free.

Shelby
Unread 10-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Some people don't think

One reason I am staying home the day before...to calm myself down!...I am so sorry that happened. But remember it happens very infrequently...millions of women have gone through this and more will...There are sooooo many success stories. I know you will be fine! Best wishes for a speedy recovery and we look forward to hearing our princess' story after the coronation at the castle! Here are some hugs to help:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Some people don't think

Awe, that's terrible. Go into surgery with positive thoughts,knowing you are doing the right thing for your body. I am one week post op and doing great. Had grapefruit size fibroids and adhesions etc.. but I am doing well. Think positive and all will go well
Unread 10-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Some people don't think

Wow, some people don't think - and you want think positive, not negative, pre-op. If it's any help, I realized before my surgery that I had what could only be described as completely unrealistic expectations of how quickly I would heal. I decided to stick with ridiculous optimism, and adjust my expectations downward after surgery, when it would be obvious and necessary. I've actually been delighted at how (relatively) quickly and easily my recovery has been - so you might as well hope for the best! Pleny of women get through this smoothly - that's why they call the message board for complications - the road less travelled.
Unread 10-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Some people don't think

I always just listen only half-heartedly. Maybe I try to be too kind. But for every one bad story in any situation there are always dozen of others that are good. You were kind and let her blab and now just let it roll off your back! There are plenty -- millions -- of sisters who have never made it to this website to say how great they are doing. Why? Because they're too busy having great lives!

I just got back from Wally's where I ran into an aunt. She had told me early on that she had LAVH and has never regretted it ever! Anywho, while visiting, she gave me an update on a mutual friend -- 47 yrs old -- who has only days to live. Bone cancer. Some cancers as you know are truly death sentences. He's been sick for 2 years though at one time was completely cured. As we stood there, I got perspective really dang fast. I can't wait to see my family tonight and hug them and be grateful for how good life is for me!

Best wishes ~
Unread 10-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Some people don't think

[quote=gordonk]I always just listen only half-heartedly. Maybe I try to be too kind. But for every one bad story in any situation there are always dozen of others that are good. You were kind and let her blab and now just let it roll off your back! There are plenty -- millions -- of sisters who have never made it to this website to say how great they are doing. Why? Because they're too busy having great lives!

I just got back from Wally's where I ran into an aunt. She had told me early on that she had LAVH and has never regretted it ever! Anywho, while visiting, she gave me an update on a mutual friend -- 47 yrs old -- who has only days to live. Bone cancer. Some cancers as you know are truly death sentences. He's been sick for 2 years though at one time was completely cured. As we stood there, I got perspective really dang fast. I can't wait to see my family tonight and hug them and be grateful for how good life is for me!

Best wishes ~[/QUOTE

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend...I pray that God brings him comfort and peace in his last days! It's ironic how things like that can put your whole life into perspective, isn't it? It makes all the little blessings we have seem so much bigger and so much more precious. I have faith that things will work out fine according to the "Big Guy's" plan. I'm sending some hugs your way... ...enough to share with family and friends who need them!! God bless you!
Unread 10-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Some people don't think

Sometimes people just don't think. I know of two people at my job that did not have the wonderfully satisfying experience I will be having so I have avoided getting into any type of conversation with them whatsoever about my procedure. I want to go in with my positive thoughts and not somebody else's negative experience and/or energy. I trust my doctor and a positive attitude will get me a lot farther than a negative one will.

I've been doing some successful surgery guided imagery and it's really helping me.

L
Unread 10-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Some people don't think

sisterpn....you will be fine don't let other peoples insensitive remarks get to you..i too had people who thougth they were being helpful...not!...you know what i don't regret my choice one bit and i am doing great i am just sitting here being a good princess and loving my new life..lot of love and i wish you the best of luck....luv,sacha
Unread 10-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Some people don't think

Thanks, girls, for all the encouragement and positive energy! I know things will be fine...just slipped into panic mode for a sec....I'm trying to keep my focus on those good things that are to come after tomorrow!
to all of you!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register