Just realized.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just realized.. Just realized..

Unread 10-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Just realized..

..exactly how much I won't be able to do post-surgery.

So, I was kind of rambling/venting on another board that I frequent (small board of like 5 friends)...because I feel like I've posted way too much here about random, unimportant stuff...but, as I was rambling..I started realizing exactly how much I won't be able to do..and I don't mean like during the immediate recovery time..but like, regarding the lifting restrictions...doc said NO lifting whatsoever of any weight for 2 weeks..and then nothing more than 8-10 lbs for an undetermined amount of time after that....that means...obviously, no picking up the kids or carrying crazy heavy things...but that also means, no carrying in the groceries...no carrying the laundry basket...I'm such an independent person...I do everything for myself..and by myself...I have a dh, but I'm the one that does everything...I'm going to have such a hard time remembering that I can't do anything.....

Sorry for the rambling..but I was just kind of like.. .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Just realized..

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I am the same way. I am going to have my DH do everything. I do things without thinking too...It won't be easy. I'll remind you, if you remind me!
Unread 10-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Just realized..

jkds2005,

I know excatly how you feel. My husband is wonderful about helping me, but, he works 12-15 hours a day. I'm just use to doing most things myself. I'm still trying to figure out how all of this is going to work.
Unfortunately, we just moved here six months ago, I don't really know anyone,my Mother is gone, my children live a couple of hours away(w/their familes & jobs). The closer it gets, the more nervous I get. No way am I backing out! I'll just have to figure someway to muddle through.
I realize I wasn't of any help to you ... I guess when I read your post I realized how much I needed to vent also.
Thanks for listening.
Best of luck on your surgery.

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Just realized..

Everybody's welcome to vent!!

What are we all going to do? My mom will be here for 3 weeks..but my lifting restrictions will continue on past that...I guess we'll all figure it out somehow.
Unread 10-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Just realized..

Vent vent vent. It's good for you to get it off your mind, share with someone else, and know you are not the only one who feels that way.

Okay so here I am 2+ weeks out. I have been given the "do it as you feel able and stop if it hurts" message from my doc at my 2 week checkup. I am frustrated by how much some physical healing is taking BUT I know that all of this is temporary and I literally have to keep reminding myself of that. You need to do the same. Yes, it is hard to put up with all the "dont lift this, don't do that, eat this, pee now, blah blah blah....." but you have to remind yourself that it is a very temporary pause in your life on your road to freedom from pain, periods, and so on. I know I sound like the good will nun here but hang in there. For those of you with kids and toddlers, my heartfelt sympathy. I cannot imagine how much more difficult it will be but you will make it! The first two weeks will go quickly and then it gets annoying but ya gotta just hang in!!!!
hugs
K

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register