Kept Cervix -- cervix suspension and pain after pelvic exam | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept Cervix -- cervix suspension and pain after pelvic exam Kept Cervix -- cervix suspension and pain after pelvic exam

Unread 10-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Kept Cercix

I had a TAH plus ovaries removed. They left my cervix in order to give me more support. Went to my 4 week post op appt feeling pretty good, until the pelvic exam. Everything was fine until the Dr reached my cervix - excruciating pain. He apologized for the pain but said he had to continue as this was abnormal to have this much pain. He couldn't figure out why I was experiencing so much pain. He told me that he had done a cervic suspension (permanent stitches linking my ligaments to my backbone). He decided to put me on vaginal antibiotics and see me again in 4 weeks. I'm now having alot of abdominal discomfort(same area) from his exam. Has anyone had anything like this. He said he will have to do a really good exam in 4 weeks. I'm pretty aprehensive about the pain - It caused me to cry and I'm pretty tough. Can't he do some other tests - ultra sound - cat scan instead of another physical exam. I plan on requesting this when I go for the appointment - I'm just trying to get some education. Thanks for any thoughts on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Kept Cervix -- cervix suspension and pain after pelvic exam

Are you able to take any pain meds to help with your pain? Do talk to your dr about how you are feeling. And call if you continue to feel so badly.

in there and many s to you!
Unread 10-05-2006, 10:40 PM

I'm so sorry you are having so much pain. I've not heard of this before but I certianly hope you get relief soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2006, 07:13 AM

I experience a similar thing during sex (sry, tmi), but my cervix was removed. It isn't excrutiating, but it's really uncomfortable and lots of pressure. My dr. told me that the end of the vagina, where my cervix would be is suspended to my backbone too (the ligaments). And that I would feel stretching, burning, pulling, types of pains while my body is trying to heal/adjust to having it all removed.

If the pain gets too bad, I would definitely call my dr. and have it all checked out.
Unread 10-06-2006, 08:55 AM

Maybe it would help if you took some pain pills right before the exam. I'll pray that everything works out and you don't have pain at all!!

Rhonda
Unread 10-06-2006, 10:24 AM

Thanks for all the responses. I was just trying to see if anyone else had experienced this type of problem. Trying to get a little education. I will definately call the dr if it continues. I'm under pain management for another condition and take morphine 3 x a day so I don't want to take any more meds. Again, thanks so much for all the responses. God Bless You All !!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register