3 weeks post op lots more pain on left side than the right side | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post op lots more pain on left side than the right side 3 weeks post op lots more pain on left side than the right side

Unread 10-08-2006, 04:47 PM
3 weeks post op lots more pain on left side than the right side

Hello,
Has anyone had the experience of having significantly more pain on one side of the abdomen than the other following lap hyst? My right side feels fine, left side has sharp stabbing or pinching pain with some movements, especially bending or getting up or down. I have enjoyed reading the advise from one women to another here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2006, 06:44 PM

jenj58,
i am having the same problems. I thought i was doing fine for 3 weeks but friday, i started having the same problems you are having...just on my left side..i don't recall over doing things i have pretty much stuck to my princess status. now today i have swelly belly bad, and i feel twinges of pain. i didn't have a lap hyster, i had a sah and got to keep my cervix and overies. however, my overies have shut down and i have major hot flashes. i go for my post op tomorrow so we'll see what doc. says. i just hope nothing is wrong, i kinda scared because it feels like the pain might be comming from my left ovary
sacha
Unread 10-08-2006, 06:48 PM

Hi Jen, i had a lap on last monday and im doing the same thing,very bad pain on my left and very bad swelling but my right side is fine. Im alittle concerned cause im still very sore and tender on my left side and its not even being helped with my percocet,so please keep me updated on your pain,thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2006, 07:38 PM

For LSHers, my doctor warned me the left side would be very sore longer because that is the side the morcelator goes in. I'm definitely more bruised, more swollen and more sore on that side with stabbing pain when I pull or lift something too heavy.
Unread 10-08-2006, 07:57 PM

Oh my! What is this morcelator? I'm picturing little morsels of tissue being ground up...
Unread 10-08-2006, 08:02 PM

I had A TAH and it's my left side that always hurts!!! It is just starting to get better and I am only taking mortin now....it can feel like I have a muscle that it ripping from my hip bone and really bad burning
Unread 10-08-2006, 08:10 PM

Ah, I have the same thing-pain on the left side. I know I popped some internal stitches during week 2, and I thought maybe that was what was causing my pain now, but since so many others have the same pain on the same side as me, I am second-guessing myself. I see my doc on Tuesday and intend to ask him what is going on. I'll let you know what he says, if this is normal. Since I had a TAH, I didn't have the morcelator.
Unread 10-08-2006, 08:20 PM

some please tell me what the morcelator is????

Ive been having some bad pains in my left side, went to the dr on Thurs.. but they have been bad.. Im even taking pain meds again. Today is one month for me.
The dr felt around and said it could be a few stitches or muscles. If it continues to hurt Im gonna call him.
I get these SHARP pains, mostly when Im turning over in bed... but a dull pain during the day.
Unread 10-08-2006, 08:38 PM

I've had the same exact pain on my left side. It really fires up when I'm up on my feet for more than 30 minutes. Feel it in my groin and all around to my hip. Used to feel it all the way up under my back ribcage and that's gone away, so maybe this is all part of healing, but I'm curious about the morcelator comment also.

I was supposed to have an LSH but wound up with a TAH after 4 hours of surgery and due to the size of my uterus...really did not plan on long term recovery as I work for myself and I'm moving into a new house at the end of October. Timing is everything! Really was hoping for a miracle quick heal, but the left side pain is what makes me the most nervous right now...then lack of sleep.

Now I'm curious and have to go search for what "morcelator" is......hmmm....never really wanted to know this much medical terminology!
Unread 10-08-2006, 08:49 PM

Ok I looked it up and it says its a-
The uterus is removed with the help of a morcelator (a grinder). This instrument allows the surgeon to remove large uteri through small incisions.

So Im assuming this is used when they are doing small incisions and not a TAH????

Any input would be appreciated. I did not have lap so I cant blame my pain on this lil tool.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register