Clothes to wear coming home from the hospital | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Clothes to wear coming home from the hospital Clothes to wear coming home from the hospital

Unread 10-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Clothes to wear coming home from the hospital

HI all......I am fairly new here....I was wondering what everyone wore home from the hospital. I was thinking a jogging suite? Thanx..........Joannietoad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2006, 08:53 PM

I just wore pants with a draw string and a t-shirt to the hospital. It was too early in the morning to care. And when I was released that same night I wore the same thing home. I didn't even bother packing anything else. I didn't really see a point. I wanted to be in something comfortable that wasn't too tight.
Unread 10-15-2006, 09:04 PM

I went shopping today and bought some granny underwear one size too big and ordered (I have to order everything else online as I'm 5'11) some PJ's that have drawstring bottoms and a button down top.

I have to be at the hospital at 630am so I'm sure no one will mind that I'm in my PJ's. I'm sure when I'm coming home that I won't mind that I'm in the same PJ's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2006, 09:12 PM

I just wore a robe and slippers home. I didn't want anything even a little snug on my incision.

S
Unread 10-15-2006, 09:25 PM

I wore a long tee-shirt type nightgown home under my coat. I didn't want anything on my incision, except the abdominal binder I wore home. I had my slip-on sneakers with no socks. I wanted to be ready for bed when I got home. I also had my tummy pillow under my seatbelt and one over the seatbelt (for extra protection, I guess) for the car ride home.

Best wishes and 's
Unread 10-15-2006, 11:10 PM

I plan on going home in t-shirt and jammie bottoms. I will be in the hospital for 2 days, so I know I will be ready to get outta there!

When I had lap surgery in April, I wore jammie bottoms and a t-shirt (no bra) to the hospital. I figured I would want to be comfortable for the car ride home (it was 1 1/2 hr drive). VERY glad I left the bra at home. I'm sure it wasn't the first pair of saggy boobies they had seen. LOL.

Just make sure you have decent undies. I had AF undies and I didn't notice a hole until I saw the nurse holding them!
Unread 10-15-2006, 11:45 PM

Sweat pants with a drawstring, an oversized long sleeved t-shirt, panties, socks and houseshoes. I wore the same thing going home but without the undies. I also took my feather pillow with me for the car ride home... kept the shoulder and lap belts from pressing against me. Best wishes
Unread 10-16-2006, 09:06 AM

The key is slip on shoes, and clothes that are loose in the stomach/waist area. Elastic waists are okay if the elastic is very loose and you can pull it up way over the incision area.
Unread 10-16-2006, 02:32 PM

I was wondering if pants or nightgown was better as far as getting on and off. I bought new satin pj's and also a satin knee length nightgown. Aslo wasnt sure how hot I would get or how the temp is in the room. Thanx again for all the helpful replies!!!
Unread 10-16-2006, 02:38 PM

Since it will more than likely be cold out, I will wear some type of exercise pants, t-shirt and warm up jacket. Slip on shoes or crocs with it. I like to look somewhat dressed but that is pretty easy. Plus, (maybe I am wrong??) I am having a TVH so I don't think the pressure of loose elastic will bother me around my abdomen?? You are only out of your room from the time you leave the room till you get in your car. What is it? 5 minutes? I think you should wear whatever you are comfortable in , even if it's pink feather boa with jammies. LOL
Tricia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register