Uterine Cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uterine Cancer Uterine Cancer

Unread 05-24-2001, 03:29 PM
Uterine Cancer

I am 5 days away from having a complete hysterectomywith sampling of lymph nodes due to stage 2 uterine cancer. I am in my early sixties and 4 years ago had breast cancer. Reseaching the Web, I found articles that link Tamoxofin with uterine cancer. It seems like a vicious circle - originally I was on Estrogen replacement drugs, which are linked to breast cancer - after the breast tumor was removed, I was on Tamoxifin, which is linked to uterine cancer. Any thoughts or encouragement is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2001, 03:50 PM
Uterine Cancer

Hello Joan and welcome. I didnt have uterine cancer but I know that some of the other ladies have and I'm sure that they will respond to you.
I am encouraging you. You have found the best support site in the whole world. One of us is online 24 hours a day. So please come back and ask questions, tell us how you are or just get some love and care. Take good care x x
Unread 05-24-2001, 04:56 PM
Uterine Cancer

Hi Joan,
So sorry for the ordeal you have been through. I don't have any information for you , but as Robyn said there will be ladies coming along that will perhaps have some information for you. We have some super savvy knowledgeable ladies here. They have really researched their illness. And we have all been able to benefit from their wisdom.

You will find a lot of support and comfort here, as we all do. Although each of us is dealing with various types and stages of cancer, there is a special bond here as we can all relate so well to what another is going through.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for your surgery next week!!
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2001, 06:01 PM
Uterine Cancer

Hi and welcome to the hystersisters. You are going to love it here. I had stage 2 uterine cancer, at age 37. Uterine cancer, from what I understand is the most treatable and cureable. I am so sorry that you have had to go thrrough this twice. I had a breast biopsy just recently and was scared to death. I know what you are going through. Please keep us posted with your progress. I am undergoing radiation treatment, if that is the case with you, I can clue you in on that as well. Try not to worry, you will be fine.
Valentina
Unread 05-25-2001, 07:45 AM
Uterine Cancer

Joan,

Welcome! I am one that has had uterine cancer. I'm 40 and had my hysterectomy on March 15th. The surgery is being followed up with internal and external radiation.

I can imagine that it is very frustrating to think you are doing the best you can to treat the cancer you previously had and then to believe that the treatment may have had a hand in cancer showing up in another place. There is so much controversy about treatments. But it really may have had nothing to do with the uterine cancer. Of course like you I would question it.

I wish you the very best and you will find many women here that will be a great source of support while you go through this experience.
Unread 05-26-2001, 11:29 AM
Uterine Cancer

Hi Joan,

I want to also welcome you to Hystersisters! I'm so glad you have found us! I'm sorry, however, that you are having to deal with this new battle.

I don't have any personal experience with Uterine cancer, mine was a different "flavor" I do want to tell you that although I did alot of research on ovarian cancer while fighting this, the majority of what I found scared the heck out of me.

Alot of the information is statistical and that's was most certainly not the type of info I needed or wanted at that point. Not meaning I put my head in the sand but was determined to stay positive and beat the odds. Since getting over the first hurdle, I've been doing more reading again. It nevers hurts to gain as much knowledge as one can, like that saying goes "Knowledge is POWER".

Know that we're all here for you any time you need, with support, prayers and good ears (eyes) to listen and understand.

Best to you in your upcoming surgery, please let us know how you are doing when you can.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 05-31-2001, 05:23 AM
Uterine Cancer

Hi Joan, I had breast cancer 5 years ago (stage 2b, mastectomy and 6 moCMF). Was on tamoxifen 4+ years when I got endometrial cancer. So I know how you feel. I had no symptoms and was extremely lucky it was caught. Anyway I had a LAVH/BSO 5 mo.ago. It was a stage 1b cancer. I had internal radiation (brachytherapy 3 treatments). I'm feeling fine now.
You'll be fine too. One step at a time. Soon it will be a memory.
Best wishes and prayers.

Thinking of you too, Valentina!

SUSKI
LAVH/BSO 12/21/00
Endometrial Cancer
Unread 06-03-2001, 09:15 AM
Uterine Cancer

Dear NYJoanP

I am very sorry to read that you have uterine cancer. I have it, too. Mine is Stage 3. So, now I am 5 weeks post-op with the hysterectomy and have started radiation. I have had 5 treatments. Even though my cancer is Stage 3, I am told that the radiation has a 95% chance of curing me. And I will not need chemotherapy.

So, I wanted to let you know that you are not alone and that uterine cancer is beatable. It seems that each step of the way has its terrors and stresses. But, it helps to know that we are not alone.

Sincerely,

Niki
Unread 06-03-2001, 09:34 AM
Uterine Cancer

Hi Niki,
Very sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but its great that you have had your surgery and are starting your treatments to get rid of all this.

You will find many, many ladies here going through radiation right now, so you will have a ton of support and comfort here and I just know they will be along shortly to offer their comfort and support to you as well as you are going through this.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for an easy time of it with your radiation.
Maria
Unread 06-03-2001, 10:16 AM
Uterine Cancer

Hi Niki,
I had uterine cancer stage 2B, at 37 years old. The age is what blows me away. I just finished my external radiation treatment, and am going in to have internal on tuesday June 5th. I am hoping your radiaiton goes smoothly and without much trouble. We just need to get through this torture, and then they tell us that we will be fine. Please feel free to email me at anytime, I would be more then happy to share my experience or just listen to yours. What is important is that we keep a stiff upper lip and move on, and focus on the light at the end of the tunnel, although it seems we sometimes loose sight of it, but it is indeed there. I will keep you in my prayers and wish you the best.

Valentina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register