Uterine Cancer - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uterine Cancer Uterine Cancer

Unread 06-03-2001, 11:03 AM
Uterine Cancer

Thank you so very much for the encouraging words! They are deeply appreciated! I would be very interested in hearing about your experiences with radiation and also hearing about your internal radiation on June 5th. I, too, have the inplant procedure coming up when I finish with the external radiation.

Right now, even though I was told there would be no radiation side effects for two weeks, I am fighting constant nausea. I was given compazine to fight the nausea, but it doesn't work that well and makes me very sleepy. In addition, all those side effects listed on the bottle scare me!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

--Niki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2001, 03:12 PM
Uterine Cancer

Niki , you have lots of support here with radiation. There are at least 4 of us going through it right now.

I am onto my last week of external beam and so far I havent had many side effects, I am now experiencing dreadful itchiness and my vagina is swollen on the outside.

Every person is different and I have no idea why some of us experience some side effects ,others have different ones and some have none at all. It is very important to try to stay positive.

I am always here for you , email me or post here. I know what you are going through , this is the pits. But we all just have to hang in there and we will be on the other side soon. Cancer free What date is your internal treatment , is it the over night one like Valentina and myself? I am with you all the way here, every step. Sending you lots and lots of hugs from down under x x x

Niki , another sister has posted at the top, Molly shares her experience, it is a great read and then you will know that there is light at the end of the tunnel , like Valentina says x x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register