Valentina, ZoeEllen and Breezyb, where are you ? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Valentina, ZoeEllen and Breezyb, where are you ? Valentina, ZoeEllen and Breezyb, where are you ?

Unread 06-03-2001, 06:21 PM
Valentina, ZoeEllen and Breezyb, where are you ?

Zoe,
You are hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I laughed and it brought tears to my eyes. You are so on the money. The thing is I actually do wish we could all be together, because although we may have friends and family for support it just isn't the same as knowing what it is really all about. Being able to discuss al the gory details really helps alot. It actually is comforting. Thanks for the good laugh
Valentina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2001, 08:41 PM

Zoe,
I just read your post again!!!! And again I laughed, it has been very hard the last couple of weeks to keep my sense of humor, suffering with the pain. Reading your post has helped me get it back for a short time........thanks again!!!
Valentina
Unread 06-03-2001, 08:51 PM

Hi again our Radiation Royality Group!!!

First off Zoe, you are tooooo **** funny!! Your last post cracked me up....... And I am not laughing at you...but with you. How wonderful that you are able to keep a great sense of humor going through all of this.

I was thinking that while you are all going through the internal radiation, that will be the time that your visualization techniques will really come in handy.
Picturing that beam acting as a tiny vacumn cleaning up all the remaining cells that are left and taking them away forever.
Also I am sure its a great comfort that you can all think about each other going through it all around the same time.

Are you allowed to have anyone in the room with you for your treatments girls??? It would be great to have your hubbys or family member or friend with you the entire time. Unless..you are put out for this type of treatment...can't remember if any of you mentioned that or not.

Well I know one thing....after you have all gone through it there probably won't be one question that could appear on this site about ex. and int. radiation that you all will not be able to answer, and that will be of so much help to the ladies to follow who may unfortunately have the same diagnosis.
Well, its 1 AM here...beddy bye for Maria!!!!
Love and Hugs
xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2001, 11:47 PM

Hi Maria, my internal radiation is the low dose type. I go into hospital on June21 and on morn. of June 22 I go into theatre to have the rods inserted and the bladder catheter put in then I am measured to see how long my treatment will be. This can be anywhere between 12 and 30 hours. Once that is done I am taken to my private lead lined room and connected to the caesium machine. I cannot have any one in the room with me and have to stay in bed for the full treatment . Outside my door (which has a small window in it) there is a intercom where visitors can stand and talk to me . I am going to absolutely mad in there. I fret for my home and family. It sounds like fun doesnt it? Boy am I stressing about this, at the moment I just dont know if I can do it.

Zoe, one dilator???? I have 3 ! Different sizes which I have to use from now on , progressing to the life size one. I have never spoken about personal things as much as in these past few weeks. Nothing is sacred anymore

All of you wonderful girls, take care and my love to you always xx
Unread 06-04-2001, 09:14 AM

well sisters, here I am n the mornig of my second internal treatment wishing I could run and hide! I hate them and I wish I could do the 24 hour on like you guys. First of all the drugs they give me give me a 2 day hangover! I can't do anything but sleep afterwards! THey left me in stirrups for the whole 4 hours and one leg was too high I felt like I was hanging from one leg! Even in my drugged stooper I was begging someone to lower my leg because my hip was killing me but of course by that time I was actually in the middle of a treatment so all they did was tell me to stay still through the intercom. I was up all night last night crying wishing I could get out of it. Also I had woken up by the time they finished the treatment and when they were taking out whatever they had in me it hurt so bad! THe doctor actually had to put one hand on my leg to get some leverage to get it out!!!! OUCH!!!! But one good thing is the nurses are really great. One actually had uterine cancer herself so she is very understanding. Well I gotta go time for some more torture. By the way the BM's are getting better. I am taking colace to soften them up and using lidocaine gel before I have to go and some tucks wipes and anusol after and that seems to be helping. I haen't had any external radiation in 4 days and it seems like the further away from external I get the better it is. I Thank god for all of you for letting me vent when I need to. Hugs to all my radiation sisters. Robyn, Zoe, Valentina I hope you are all doing much better today and you are all in my prayers ( and believe me I am saying alot of them lately!)

P.S. Zoe you crack me up!!! Your post made me laugh and it brightened my morning thanks!

Brenda
Unread 06-04-2001, 01:47 PM

Hey ya'll,

Can you tell I'm feeling a bit better?

Robyn - one question....who decided what size the life size dilator should be? Should we measure our partners and then decide which one we want? Hmmmmmmm..... I can see my husband going for that. NOT!

Brenda - I, like you am having my internal at three different times rather than in the hospital all in a 24 hour period. Your post did scare me. I hope when you get back from this treatment it went much better. My oncologist said I would be in the office only about 2 1/2 hours. How long are your treatments? I know it's hard to compare when we all have had different stages and grades. The good news is my favorite female technician that had quit, due to moving, is coming back in on Thursday to get me set up. Then I only have to deal with the boys for the last two treatments. Glad to hear the bm's are better for you. I do the lidocaine, the proctocort, the tucks, the sitz baths, the Metamucil and then I do the Hokey Pokey and I turn myself around. It seems to help!

Valentina - I hope we hear from you before you go in tomorrow. You're in my prayers.

Maria - After hearing Brenda's experience, believe me I will be using the visualization technique you mentioned. Thanks again!
Unread 06-04-2001, 01:57 PM

Zoe and Brenda, regarding your internal treatment, (and this is not to scare you ) I can remember reading on a post that a previous radiation sister wrote : the first one was the worst. Try searching under internal radiation and you may be able to find it. Best of luck to both of you. I will be there for you, in your thoughts x x x

Zoe who knows who decided about the dilator size. I was just so embarrassed when they handed me these 3 plastic things, I shoved them into the satchel and ran. But over here they say to start using them as soon as the external starts. And for the rest of my life. Oh gee......... the things we have to look forward to.

Love to you all x x
Unread 06-04-2001, 03:08 PM

Hi again everyone!
Well, I am back from my 2nd treatment and it did go way better than the last one. they gave me less drugs and everything went much quicker. For example - I am actually coherent enough to write this. The nurses made sure I was perfectly comforatable before they drugged me and I had a woman doctor this time so she took out whatever they had in me much more gingerly.(women doctors always seem to be much more gentle with that area of your body than men - I guess they understand how sesetive it is since they have one too!! lol) But I am glad to say that I won't be dreading the treatment so much next time. I just wish they could cover up my butt when my legs are in the stirrups because it sure does get cold with the air conditioning blowing on it!!!!

Brenda
Unread 06-04-2001, 06:56 PM

Hi, Brenda!

So glad to hear your 2nd treatment went better. Who designed that room? I can't imagine it would be comfortable at all to have the AC blowing on you!
Unread 06-06-2001, 09:02 PM

Hello Again!
I was just wondering if anyone has had any burning :burning: on your abdomen from the external radiaion? I just noticed this morning that the skin on my lower abdomen (you know right under the shelf belly ) and (god help me) between my butt cheeks is kinda grayish and burnt . It also is beginning to itch but I don't dare scratch because then it stings . My doctor told me to use corn starch but I would have thought that aloe vera gel or something like that would be better.

Brenda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register