half way there !! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

half way there  !! half way there !!

Unread 05-25-2001, 12:17 AM
half way there !!

Well girls , today I had treatment no. 10. only 10 more to go I am feeling really well, just a little tired each afternoon, I think this is more from the travelling than the treatment. Just one question , -- why do people keep telling me that I will have side effects next week? It really makes it hard to keep positive. Every time they say that to me, I just shrug and say not me I am just flatly refusing to have any side effects. Each time I have my treatment I lie on the bed and ask Jesus to hold my hand and direct those beams to exactly the area that needs to be treated and to PLEASE not let me have any side effects. It all boils down to faith. Anyway it is my weekend, yours soon. Have a great weekend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2001, 01:44 AM
half way there !!

((((Robyn)))))
How wonderful!! 10 down and 10 to go!!
You are doing just remarkable.
As for not having any side affects, well I recall a previous post where you said you refuse to have any side affects with this, and I would say this is indeed the proof of the power of positive thinking and your faith in the good Lord.

I think God knows you have been through enough already perhaps.

I was going to say that you will be all finished your treatments in time to enjoy a wonderful summer.....but I guess in your case it will be a wonderful winter though.
And it doesn't matter what season it is as long as you are feeling better and on to healthier, happier days, right!

Keeping good thoughts, and prayers that you continue to have side affect free treatments!!!
Love and Hugs!!
M. xoxo
Unread 05-25-2001, 06:49 AM
half way there !!

I really do believe that no side effects has a lot to do with your positive attitude and your closeness with the Lord. Plus, you have all of us here rooting you on! When someone says something negative, just look at them and giggle....my how foolish they appear to be by thinking such things!!
Stay positive dear!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2001, 07:21 AM
half way there !!

Hiya Robyn!

I wholeheartedly agree! I DO think attitude and prayer has alot to do with the effect any side effects actually has on us.

Don't worry about the sceptics, as we've all found out, each persons responce to various treatments differ tremendously and while some situations may resemble anothers, no ones reactions are exactly the same.

Just keep giggling, shrugging and go on with the last half of your treatments!

I'm so glad you're on the back side of the treatment program now! They really will be over before you know it!

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 05-25-2001, 07:23 AM
half way there !!

Robyn,

I'm thrilled that you are remaining so positive about your treatments. I hope I was not one that you felt was projecting negative thoughts your way. I shared with you my experience not what I thought would be your experience. And really I don't believe that the reason I have had to deal with side effects are due to my not having a positive attitude or not having a close relationship with God. I feel I have both. Each women has a different experience with radiation and if it isn't exactly smooth sailing, I don't think that their faith should be questioned. I am finishing up my external radiation today, so a small celebration. After the internal is over....big celebration. Congrats on your new hostess status!
Unread 05-25-2001, 10:37 AM
half way there !!

Hi, ZoeEllen!

Wow--you're finished with external today.

What great news! I hope your internal goes well. I'm sorry you've had less than smooth sailing with your course of treatment. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that that is no reflection on your spiritual life at all. You have dealt with this with great grace, and it is with God's help that you've done as well as you have (can you imagine how totally miserable it could be if you had no positive attitude and no relationship with God?) You just keep right on going girl and we'll keep praying with you!

And, Robyn--you know I'm counting down the treatments with you as well. All of you ladies going through these treatments have been truly an inspiration to me. I haven't needed any yet, and I hope I never do, but I also know that I'll have shoulders to lean on if that time should come.

May God bless each and every one of my cyber sisters who are undergoing radiation and/or chemo (or who have already walked that path and are moving on). May you have health, happiness, and peace!
Unread 05-25-2001, 03:50 PM
half way there !!

Thanks Jeanine,

I appreciate what you shared. I wouldn't want any new ladies to get the idea that having side effects were because of something they did or didn't do, or for that matter getting cancer at all. I can't imagine going through this without a strong faith in God and of course it's a proven fact that a positive attitude can decrease the recuperating time after surgery and I'm sure the side effects from radiation. But if a person does have a hard time, don't be quick to blame yourself or think it is because of a lack of faith. After all, remember a man named Job. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Period.

Thanks for letting me express my opinion. Now positive thoughts to all.
Unread 05-25-2001, 04:14 PM
half way there !!

ZoeEllen...I couldn't agree more, I was starting to doubt myself. I had some serious burning as you all know....and yet I felt I had a positive outlook and strong faith....I believe it is an individual problem, however I asked God to give me the strength to get through the treatments and He did, because I did. Now I need the strength to get throught the internal. I am sure God will be with me.
Valentina
Unread 05-25-2001, 11:16 PM
half way there !!

Good for you, Robyn! I truly admire your strenth and courage.
Unread 05-25-2001, 11:55 PM
half way there !!

Oh , Zoe and Valentina, Please dont think I was referring to you, not at all. My doctors and oncology nurses are the ones that keep telling me to expect side effects next week. Nearly every treatment they just are so negative,not encouraging.Unfortunately this is the only place I can go to get treatment. And I am out to prove them wrong.
The faith bit , I probably could have worded differently, I meant if it wasnt for my faith I couldnt get through it.

:'( sorry for the misunderstanding

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register