Just a thought..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just a thought..... Just a thought.....

Unread 05-25-2001, 01:23 PM
Just a thought.....

Hey Ladies!!
Hope it is as nice everywhere today as it is here. We are finally getting some nice warm temps. Woohoo..summer is coming finally!!

Well...today was a slow day at the office and I was thinking about this site and all of the wonderful women here, and something occurred to me.

How lucky we are to be experiencing the internet in our lifetimes aren't we?
It occurred to me that if we did not have the internet, and I was going through this illness, who could I talk to about it???
Well...let me see...my sister had a hysterectomy 15 years ago....my aunt had one, she has since passed on, and I have 2 friends who have had them.
So...thats 3 people I could talk to about this. My two friends surgery did not involve cancer...( thankfully)...my sister had cervical cancer, ( all removed with the surgery, thankfully).
So...that means that I could talk to her about it, and it would be fine of course, but thanks to technology, the world wide web, and Kathy for starting this ( Bless you Kathy), I can talk to hundreds of women about this.

Sharing information, experiences, and just having someone to listen and be a sounding board when need be. We are very lucky indeed.

I can only imagine what the women went through before the days of computers with their struggles with hysterectomies and cancer. They surely suffered in silence most of the time. How sad that is.

Just think what another 20 years will bring as far as technology goes. It just boggles the mind doesn't it.

Just wanted to share these thoughts with you all!!
Have a great weekend everyone. A long weekend for our American friends I do believe. We had ours last weekend!
Love and Hugs,
M. xo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2001, 02:28 PM
Just a thought.....

Well Maria, my so far it is a glorious day here , around 52 or so. A nice bite to the air, don't you just love it?
Each and every day I say thankyou for this wonderful site and the technology that allows it to happen. I would have no one to talk to if it weren't for you girls. Here in Australia there is not alot of support for gyn. cancers , I am going to fix that when I have finished, I tell you.
I hope your weekend is a good one too, Maria, mine has already started. Love and hugs Robyn x x
Unread 05-26-2001, 05:18 PM
Just a thought.....

The weather here has been rainy for days and it seems like we are going to float away! I still hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend, whether you have rain or shine!
I am so thankful for this site which Kathy has brought to all of us. It has brought me great joy and information...I have laughed and cried with many ladies over the past year and a half! I am so happy to hear that you feel very lucky to have found us all here!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2001, 06:01 AM
Just a thought.....

Hear, Hear! I also am so glad for this site. The cancer board is more helpful than any other cancer support site I have found. Even though I am past my treatment and have my life back I find so much support from people knowing that the emotions I went through were normal. As common as it is, I never knew anyone else with invasive cervical cancer and I didn't know what to expect through the treatment course or afterwards. I now know that the bladder and bowel problems that I have from the treatment are very common and I have gotten suggestions to bring up to my doctor as well as support and a bit of humor which all help as I try to put all of this behind me. All the people on the cancer board are all so caring and supportive. I know that everyone on the site as well as new comers in the future will continue to give and recieve support in a very caring and special way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register