desperate..please help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

desperate..please help desperate..please help

Unread 10-25-2006, 08:11 PM
desperate..please help

Real TMI warning, I really have no where else to go with this one.
I posted here about a week ago that I had another bladder infection and also pain that ran from my vagina to my bowels. Well... I have some new things going on that are real embarrasing and really scaring me. So if you are grossed out easily please don't read any further.
I did not have the constipation problem most of you seem to have after surgery, in fact quite the opposite, I basically had watery stools with in minutes of eating from the day after I left the hosptial until about a week ago. Maybe two weeks ago. I have been feeling constipated for the last week or so now. Five nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night with a wet feeling by my rectum, I got out of bed and went to the ladies room and realized that I had a spot of "poop" in my pajamas. It was basically watery and I had no clue I had gone, I was mortified and took a shower and went back to sleep. this has now happened four nights in a row and what is scaring me is that, I can not go when I am awake, I feel constipated, have tried to make sure i go before bed so this doesnt happen and nothing is working. I feel like I am leaking when I sleep. The way my body feels is when I try to go to the bathroom is like a lil bit will come out with no effort at all..almost like a leak then I can not get out any more even tho I have to.I am going to the doctor tomorrow, he said he wants to see me right away, but my main question is has anyone had anything like this and heard it was hysterectomy related, my doctor seems to imply that it isnt (even tho my bowels were loaded with adhesions and he said he had to do a lot of work on them. ) and I want info to go in with. I have read a lil on line that says fecal incontinence can coem after hysterectomy due to nerve damage or pelvic floor damage, but I would like to be armed with info when i get there. I am really sorry for the gross details but I am desperate! My surgery was August 18. Thank you for reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2006, 08:21 PM
desperate..please help

Hi Kinyeah,

Wow I am so sorry you're dealing with this. I do not have any ideas of why you have this, but wanted to at least offer support. I'm glad your doc is seeing you tomorrow. There is something wrong for sure. I pray they find it and it can easily be fixed.

I wish you all the best. That problem is NOT fun...you poor dear!!!! You have my sympathies there.

Hang in there and let us know what the doc says..ok? Thanks
Unread 10-25-2006, 08:21 PM
desperate..please help

I really hope that your doc has some answers for you. That would definatly put me in a tizzy. I heard something about bowel leakage but that is when I was looking for stuff for my daughter last week when I had to get her to drink TONS of prune juice to "clean herself out" from being so constipated. From what I understand ( Note that I have never been through this myself but from talking to the pediatric gastroenterologist ) he has told me that even when you are constipated you can have watery stools. Basically when you get some kind of blockage in your intestines it is possible for stool to pass that blockage in the form of diarrhea. The same thing happened to my daughter when she was backed up, no blockage but REALLY constipated, while she was in the shower she told me that she "squirted herself" while she was in the shower, of course she is 11 so that was followed by a HUGE burst of laughter...lol I know however this is no laughing matter for you and I will pray that the doc can figure it out for you. I can't imagine how miserable you must be with this. Keep me posted. I hope that helped some what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2006, 08:22 PM
desperate..please help

Definitely see your doctor. You might be impacted. When you are extrememely contipated to the point of impaction nothing but watery diarhhea can pass through. I would ask about the possibility of an impaction. It is treatable. Hope you find an answer soon.
Unread 10-25-2006, 08:23 PM
desperate..please help

I'm so sorry, have no information for you but just wanted to send you my very best wishes. You have my deepest sympathy and really hope you get this sorted out, if you had no prob before surely its gotta be hysterectomy related.
Thinking of you!
Unread 10-25-2006, 08:27 PM
desperate..please help

I hope you find some answers and very quickly at that.
What a terrible thing to have to deal with.
I have had minor leaking in that area a couple of times but it had to do with my IBS. It has only happened when I thought I had to a pass a small amount of gas and then some watery stuff comes out instead....
Sounds like you have a more serious issue happening.
I am glad you are getting into see your doctor quickly.
Know that prayers are with you and many good wishes and thoughts are being sent to you.
Good luck at your apt. Please, do let us know how you are.
Unread 10-25-2006, 09:00 PM
desperate..please help

Thank you all so much for answering. I feel better not being laughed at but supported. I do have great friends but there are some things that I can not discuss in person with people. Oh did I mention I just moved in with my boyfriend.Sigh. I lived alone for years (well with my son) during my surgery my BF took such great care ofm e we decided to make it more permenant and now I am afraid to sleep in the sme bed with him >....he has been understnading.I finally told him today. was afriad but he was great. I hope to get answers tomorrow, I am just so afriad the doc is going to jsut say ok go to a proctologist. I felt brushed off on the phone already and I have been going to thisdoctor for 17 years. thank you again for all your support everyone.
Snowpea.I hope your daughter is feeling better!!!! (and for the record I even thought maybe I passed gas and squirted too...NO unfortunatly that isnt happening...maybe I would laff a lil too if that were the case...LOL) Hope she feels better!
Unread 10-25-2006, 09:39 PM
desperate..please help

Okay wait...you essentially had the "runs" more or less, they stopped and then you haven't been having a bm other than a little very watery loose stuff when you try to go and the nighttime leakage....is that correct??? If it is, it sounds like fostercreation is right on....it sounds like you're impacted. They will probably check you tomorrow and give you an enema, maybe two to clean your tract and then you will need to really be careful of what you are eating for a while. Be balanced and stay hydrated. The stress sometimes throws your system so out of whack and dieting can do this also. I had to take acidopholus for months when I lost all my weight because I would eat and like you, lose it.

Please let us know how you are after you see the doctor. No embarassment or gross out here. We've all been through a lot of totally "no privacy" things as well and I don't think anyone is shocked anymore. I know I'm not. lol

hugs
K
Unread 10-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Thank you :)

Thanks She is still kind of sick. Just as she was starting to "go" better she now has a sinus infection??? I say ??? because the doc is not sure. She has a low grade fever, headache, swollen lymph gland, eyes are dry and a sore throat. It's not strep, thank god, but the doc is like?? hmm. The thing is, she is NEVER sick. This is the first time in her 11 years that she has ever had to take an antibiotic. I am confused with this? The doc said that if the lymph isn't better in a couple days to let her know and they would do more tests, of course what does a mother do when she hears that, FREAKS!! I give her childrens motrin and it really does NOTHING for the headache and pain in her neck. Sorry to rant..lol But it is getting a little frustraiting. If it was me, I would deal, but it's my daughter and I don't like it
Unread 10-26-2006, 06:39 AM
desperate..please help

mskayjay..yea that is basically it...I am going at 12 today, I hope that i have answers..not just get brushed off to a proctologist or soemthing... Thank you all for your support!

Snowpea...did they do blood work on her yet? I am sure she will be fine!!! Keep me posted! I am sure its jsut a virus running its course, and the fact that she isnt usually sick is a good thing and may be why its so hard for her to fight it off, she hasnt had to build up immunity yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register