IMPORTANT - Do YOU know how we keep this boat afloat? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
View Poll Results: How do we keep Hyster Sisters afloat?
Hyster Sisters making purchases in our store 21 60.00%
Hyster sisters buying subscriptions for hystersisters.com avatars and other goodies 13 37.14%
A huge donation from a large corporation 0 0%
Fairy godmother 1 2.86%
The lottery 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

IMPORTANT - Do YOU know how we keep this boat afloat? IMPORTANT - Do YOU know how we keep this boat afloat?

Unread 05-25-2001, 07:18 PM
IMPORTANT - Do YOU know how we keep this boat afloat?

How about a little fun? Here's your chance to show how much you know about how this site is funded.

It is also your chance to suggest methods of keeping the funds rolling ... creativity accepted

BTW... You can find out about extra fun by visiting the [The Order of the Crown Jewels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2001, 08:18 PM
Dany...

I highly recommend the night shirts! I have two! In fact...I may have to order more because I am wearing them out.

The mug is wonderful also!

Love to shop..Love the store!

{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

{got my credit card in hand!}

kaatie
Unread 05-27-2001, 08:38 PM

I love tne NIght shirt also. I am VERY TALL and they fit!!
I also got a kick out of handing out the Candy Bars after my surgery. I love it all!
Thank you for HYSTERSISTERS and the STORE!
Robin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2001, 07:06 AM
dany

Please see my reply to the "needed - a well loved Hystersister Book", I may have an idea for you........have ladies sign up in the store for a copy of the book, and let other ladies log on and buy a book for a hystersister who is not able to purchase one herself. This way, everyone would have a book, and the ones that have could share with those that have not......and the site would benefit too!

Mary
Unread 06-01-2001, 08:00 PM

Thank you Mary for the idea. I have brought it to Kathy's attention.
Unread 06-02-2001, 04:39 AM
Mary...

What a wonderful idea! And a caring idea, too!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 06-06-2001, 09:53 AM

this site is so great, i dont know how i would have made it without all my hyster sisters. everytime i ask a question now that i am almost 5 months post. i try to send in 10.00. the support that i get here is worth much more and less exspensive than a dr visit and more helpful. i know this is not a medical advice site and we shouldnt give medical advice. but knowing that all of u have been through it to. makes your opinion very important, i wish i could send more. this site has been a god send for me. thank u very much. tina
Unread 06-07-2001, 02:29 PM
How do we keep Hyster Sisters afloat?

I am sure glad for this site! It has been so-o-o-o-o helpful to me in my recovery!

I wanted to suggest an item(s) you might want to offer in your store. My stepdaughter found several wonderful short knit overall/culotte type jumpers for herself just before I was scheduled for my surgery. When I mentioned needing something like that for after surgery, she lent me two of hers.

They are the best clothing for after surgery. I have worn them and continue to wear them at 5 weeks PostOp and receive compliments on them from strangers and my female Gyn (I am petite, but being a grayheaded 62, being complimented as cute is kinda nice, especially after surgery). Anyway, the manufacturer of the jumpers is Catalina.

I really think you should offer them in your store, both in the short version that I am using and then, have someone make up a long pantleg version for colder seasons. You could easily make a miniature of your Hyster Sister emblem and put it on each jumper. That way, it could be useful way after surgery, and the emblem would spark questions from others on what it was all about. (publicity never hurts!--I did public affairs in my former life).

We bought our jumpers at an outlet mall. If you are interested in my suggestion, please contact me, and I will go to the mall and buy one and send it to you. They are only $10.00. The mall is an hour or so from my home.

Janyce

--Janyce
Unread 06-09-2001, 09:08 PM

Janyce, thank you for the suggestion. I have brought it up to Kathy's attention.
Unread 06-12-2001, 10:56 AM
suggestion?

2 words: bumper stickers? I have no problem advertising that i'm a hystersister!

Sheila

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register