vaginal itching | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal itching vaginal itching

Unread 05-26-2001, 02:09 AM
vaginal itching

Hi there, girls , just wondering if any of you who have had external beam radiation had itching around the outside of the vagina? I am not sure if it is related to the treatment or is a vaginal thrush infection. It sure is itchy Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2001, 07:20 PM
vaginal itching

Hi Robyn
Yup I had itching, check with your doctor, but it could be radiation related. The office where I had my treatments were wonderful, I called them quite often, besides seeing them everyday, both the nurse and the doctor were very patient and answered all my questions and concerns. I hope you find the same support at your facility Robyn.
Valentina
Unread 05-27-2001, 04:21 AM
vaginal itching

Hi Valentina, were you able to use anything for the itch? I have been using aloe vera gel which helps but at night the itch is driving me absolutely mad. Thanks Valentina and take care x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2001, 05:50 AM
vaginal itching

Hi Robyn, I had itching also and a really foul smelling discharge. It was due to the radiation but don't put anything on it unless you talk to the doctor first because the area is very sensitive and some creams can aggravate it. I hope he gives you something. Don't forget your sitz baths as they are very soothing. Ask your doctor first but I think most doctors suggest them when you are having pelvic radiation. Good luck and know that I am thinking of you.
Unread 05-27-2001, 06:59 AM
vaginal itching

I did not use anything, it subsided, but I had asked doctor and vagisil cream was OK. I had/have a vaginal discharge as hurriedh did, as well.
Valentina
Unread 05-29-2001, 03:21 PM
vaginal itching

Hi girls, well yesterday I saw my radiology oncologist and asked him about this itching. He said that it is from the radiation and it happens because the whole length of the vagina is being treated as well as the external genitals. He said to use sorbolene cream which is absolutely useless and he said to me " I know how you are feeling" which I answered , well I dont think so because you have never had this. I have tried the sitz baths and they help but I cant sit there all day.

I am going out of my mind with the itching and I know that there are worse things that can happen but right now I feel like crying and totally stopping these treatments. Maybe it is just an emotional thing, why I am feeling like this. Just having a whinge helps , thanks love to you all x x
Unread 05-29-2001, 03:52 PM
vaginal itching

Hi Robyn, You have been so strong through out the course of your treatment. You have to hang in there just a little longer. After all that we have all been through it only takes something like strong itching to push us over the edge. But you know that you cannot stop the treatment because this is life or death. I have said a prayer for the itching you have to subside. Hang in there and know that everyone is thinking and praying for you.
Unread 05-29-2001, 07:11 PM
vaginal itching

Robyn,
Hang in there, take it one day at a time, that is what I did. Count down, look forward to when it is all over!! It will be over. Just one day at a time. It will be OK!! Trust me.
Valentina
Unread 05-29-2001, 07:16 PM
vaginal itching

Oh, {{{Robyn}}}!

I can hear the frustration in your fingers as you are typing! Itching is a terrible thing. I can't relate to itching in this same circumstance, but when I was pregnant with my boy babies, I had an allergic reaction to a hormone that they produced and it caused a terrible rash on my belly that itched like crazy (with the first one it was on my legs, too). It truly brought me to tears many, many times. I don't know what kind of medication you are allowed to take during this time, but maybe you could ask your doc if Benadryl is permissible at least to help you get some sleep (they let me take it my last 2 weeks of pregnancy). I'm so sorry that I have no suggestions for you--I feel so useless right now.
But know that I am praying for you (I wonder who the itching saint is ?) My very, very best. Hang in there--you can do it!
Unread 05-29-2001, 07:28 PM
vaginal itching

((( Robyn)))))
Oh dammit....so sorry you are still having the itching. The baths sounded like they would help, and as you say they are but you can't stay in it all day.
I can only imagine how irratating this must be for you. At least with my side effects with the chemo, it was vomiting, but once I stopped that was it, where as you have to contend with this constantly.

I know the feeling of wanting to quit the treatments....but you have come so far already, try and hang in there just awhlie longer.

Well sweetie you are passed the half way point, and and you are being a real trooper with this so if you can just bear with it a few more days it will be over, then you get a bit of a break before the internal so hopefully this nasty itching will have disappeared by then, and your internal is one treatment, thank goodness.

Hopefully you are able to sleep fairly peacefully, and if so then try and do lots of that.
In my prayers always,
Love and Hugs!!!
Maria xoxo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register