Surgery on Friday...scared to death | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery on Friday...scared to death Surgery on Friday...scared to death

Unread 10-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Surgery on Friday...scared to death

My date is Friday..and it seems to be coming too fast. How do you calm the nerves.....
Lonni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2006, 07:28 PM

I calmed my nerves by thinking how great it would be when I was without my killer periods.
Unread 10-29-2006, 07:33 PM

only giving up the uterus...keeping the rest...I am still very young...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2006, 07:33 PM

lcdsmad - My surgery is on Friday also. I have to admit that I'm getting very scared too, but I know this is something I need to do. I'm keeping my nerves calmed (sort of) by organizing and focusing on everything in my life I will be able to control, so I don't feel so vulnerable to the inevitable variables that come along with this surgery. Visiting this site has often provided reassurance also. Good luck to both of us on Friday!
Unread 10-29-2006, 07:34 PM

Hon, just think of all the pain/symptoms/problems you are having now with your body and then think of what it will be like afterwards, and how you can regain your life and health again.

I think each of us was scared to death the day of surgery *who wouldn't be*, but you want to be able to do things, go places, and have fun with the people you love.

Maybe you can distract yourself a bit, before Friday you can prepare yourself by getting the things you'll need to make you comfortable after surgery. The day before surgery, I went grocery shopping for my favorite foods and things so that sort of kept my mind pre-occupied until the morning after. Make sure you are not stressed the day before you go in and get a good night's sleep. *I know it's hard, but I hope you'll be able to.*

Good luck sweetie!
Unread 10-29-2006, 10:00 PM

Lonni and Lefty,

MoonlightLady is right ~ you are headed for a much better life without those terrible monthly miseries. I used shopping the day before my surgery as a distraction and picked up any little items I had forgotten. The check list on this site for items to take to the hospital with you is wonderful. I used it as my checklist and had everything I could possibly need while I was in the castle!

Time will pass quickly between now and Friday, just keep yourselves busy and try to get plenty of rest this week.

Best wishes for a smooth surgery and recovery to you both! My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Unread 10-29-2006, 10:24 PM

The only thing that I keep focusing on is how I'm doing this so I can get better and be able to do more with my family. Find something positive to focus on. That doesn't mean you won't have scared times, as I am having a few bouts of being scared with my TAH tomorrow. You will have those times, but try to take your focus off of them. Good Luck!
Unread 10-29-2006, 10:26 PM

Lonnie and Lefty, I am with you ladies. I am nervous too, but it will be worth every "stitch" in the end and I just keep telling myself that. No more worrying over the little friend that comes with a big BANG and Gang of Pain. I am tired of being tired of it. Am I right or am I right!
We will do fine ladies, I believe that... I will catch you girls on the other side and I will be praying for each of us, oh and the doctor's too, to please guide that hand with care. :-)

Just think, by next summer girlfriends it is on! Whoo hoo!
Toodles for now.

LaShan
Age 35, TAH(keepn' the ovaries, enlarged uterus, fibroids, heavy bleeding and painful periods).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register