Pain management... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain management... Pain management...

Unread 10-30-2006, 05:01 AM
Pain management...

I will be going to another doctor for abdominal wall pain management. My gyn is sending me. He says they give injections into your stomach> My problem is a result of the hysterectomy and has to do with the abdominal wall and the nerves. Has anybody had experience with this type of pain management?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Pain management...

s

I've not had your experience, but hope that others who have, shall come along soon and share................s.....Deb
Unread 10-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Pain management...

I've been in pain management for several years now. It's one of the best things I could've done for myself. I didn't realize how bad off I was until I received some relief. While I don't have abdominal wall problems (at least that I am aware off), I do have nerve damage. I did have some injections into those nerves, which did provide me with some short term relief. It was short lived, but it did let my doctor know which nerves were damaged.

I am still in pain management and also do accupuncture treatments. Accupuncture has been a big help to me. If not for my other problems I think that I could probably be off the pain meds.

You can find more information on pain management in our Resources section HysterSister's Resources

Do keep us posted on how you're doing and your treatment plan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Pain management...

I have had trigger point injections for right sided abdominal pain. I was diagnosed with ilioinguinal neuralgia by a neurologist and referred to pain management. My first treatment was a nerve block to the ilioinguinal region which did nothing, then the Dr tried an epidural nerve block which also did not work. I had a trigger point injection directly into the abdominal wall. The procedure is not very painful. The Dr uses x-rays and your direction to locate the exact source of the pain and injects a mixture of Lidocaine and steroids into the area. I had minimal relief, lasting about 3 days but was longer than I got with any other procedure. In August I had Radio Frequency lesioning where a needle with a catheter is inserted into the area previously found by x-ray. It is hooked up to a machine that delivers a radio frequency pulse. It was uncomfortable but not painful, left me with a huge bruise but also has reduced my pain tremendously!
Good luck with your quest to find relief from pain.
Michelle
Unread 11-01-2006, 06:11 AM
Pain management...

Ouch!! All of that sounds painful. I have a low tolerance for pain. The majority of my pain is in my right side too. They are thinking it could also be nerves. I won't know until I see the doctor and she is waiting on a referral by my PCP. My insurance insists that only my PCP has the authority to do referrals. It drives me crazy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register