another ? re: caring for children | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

another ? re: caring for children another ? re: caring for children

Unread 10-30-2006, 03:27 PM
another ? re: caring for children

I'm by myself now during the day....I have 2 kids, 2.5yo and 14 months...my baby (14mo) is very, very clingy...he wants to be held constantly...it's not comfortable for me to just stay on the floor all day (in my belly or my external repairs)...how am I supposed to get through the next 3 weeks without lifting him at all? not for nap time or bed time or anything....??? I'm kind of at a loss and I've had to lift him a few times...very bad, i know..but what am i supposed to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2006, 04:33 PM

Is there any way you can hire some help with the kids for awhile, even if it was someone who could come to your house and help you out? I am so sorry you are having such difficulty with getting help and even though it is hard to find a solution I really pray you find a way as it is so important not to do any lifting. Take care
Unread 10-30-2006, 04:42 PM

I have no idea how you ladies with babies do this. I had my 19 mo old granddaughter over this weekend and even with my DD there it is next to impossible not to pick them up! Is there a teenager in the neighborhood that might come over afterschool. Even a few hours will help. My 11 yr old stepdaughter is awesome with the babies.

and good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2006, 06:21 PM

I know exactly what you mean. My grandmother had to leave today w/ another family emergency. I have no idea what I am going to do with a 9 month old that I can't pick up, but I know I will. I think for the next few weeks we have to make the floor our best friend. Let's hope we can make it though this.
Unread 10-30-2006, 06:23 PM

I don't really have anybody to come over and help...my MIL can come over sometimes, but she's got responsibilities of her own (taking her mother to doctors appts...she also has guardianship of her mentally challenged cousin and custody of her grandson)...nobody else to come over and no money to hire anyone...
Unread 10-30-2006, 06:30 PM

My kids don't let me just sit on the floor...if I sit on the floor, it's like an invitation to come jumping on me and using me as a jungle gym....I know people have mentioned that the 3-4 week mark is when you start losing stitches and stuff? I've been pretty sore internally...I dunno if I've done too much (don't feel like I have) or if I'm at a delicate time in recovery or what...but, I just can't deal with them..I mean, they're just too wild...I'd ask dh to take off work, but there's not too much difference with him here!!

Anyway, sorry...just frustrated after a long day...I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place as far as being mommy and recovering.
Unread 10-30-2006, 06:35 PM

I don't want to seem ungrateful either...or like I'm complaining about my kids....i've just been really sore and in pain the last couple of days and especially today and no pain meds...and i'm getting sick too..developing a cough and it's making my already sore belly even more sore...and then to have the kids jumping and climbing all over me...and I can't pick them up, but the baby comes to me crying and wanting me to just hold him...or needing to go to bed....ack, just frustrated on how in the world i'm supposed to do this by myself.
Unread 10-30-2006, 07:14 PM

I am offically taking back all the whining I have done about not sleeping. I have no babies at home (unless I invite them, which after about 4 hours I wonder WHAT was I thinking) 2 great step kids (11 and 14) and only every other weekend. I have had it so lucky and my heart breaks for all of you with your little ones who don't understand and you all who are killing yourself to get by every day.The MOM thing can be such a challenge! Try and keep your chin up!!!
Unread 10-30-2006, 07:42 PM

Sort of dealing with the same strugle as you. No 14 mo. old but I do have a hoss 2 yr. old that loves to be held, rocked, picked up when in a good mood and has to be dragged to bed when he's not. Anyways, the only advice that I can give you is to BE CAREFUL. Impossible sometimes but try your best. I have found that no matter how hard you try, mommy kicks in and you pick them up before you realize it. At that point the best thing to do is sit down asap. Nap when they nap. I know you said you're sick of sitting on the floor all the time and when you do, they just climb all over you. How about "building" steps out of the couch coushins (sp.?) so that they can climb up and sit with you. Another thought, it's not always a bad thing to let the tv babysit for a little bit while you rest. Don't know if that will help w/the baby, just ideas. My thoughts and prayers are with you. (If all else fails, lock them in a closet for a while.)

By the way, I am just kidding about that, don't call the Welfare dept. on me. . . . .
Unread 10-31-2006, 05:08 AM

LOL, I assumed you were kidding

We do have these little couches (ya know, those little kid couches that unfold into a little bed thing?) and they can climb up those to get on the couch, etc..I'm going to have to figure something out today because I just simply can't pick them up as much as I have. The 'baby' is approx 25 lbs and my 2.5yo is 38 lbs.

Thanks everybody!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register