Anyone else really bloated bad? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else really bloated bad? Anyone else really bloated bad?

Unread 10-31-2006, 06:34 AM
Anyone else really bloated bad?

I was just wondering if anyone else has been getting bloated? It seems as my symptoms are getting worse my bloating is getting worse also. My pants just keep getting tighter and tighter to the point that it's painful.

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this too.

Oh ya, I'm having a TVH and cystocele repair Nov. 9.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2006, 07:01 AM

Yep, Im bloated! It really seems to me that my symptoms have gotten worse since I scheduled my surgery. I thought for sure it had to be psycho-symatic. Now, I don't think it is, I have figured out it's just that I am much more in tune to the symptoms than I was before. DH confirmed all that for me.

I think the biggest things affecting me are that I am trying to get so much done before the surgery, I am over-doing it a bit... and because I know there will be 6-8 weeks with no "nookie" I am trying to overdo that too. And that, is one thing that hurts so good .. then hurts so bad

Also, most of the problems that lead to my decision to have this surgery have been getting progressively worse over the last several years, why would they stop progressing now? I chalk it up to my need to feel completely out of control right now. Part of the process I, as a control freak, have to go through in order to get through this

Chin up... buy some cheap stretchy pants to get you through and look forward to feeling worlds better when it's all said and done!

Unread 10-31-2006, 07:19 AM

Yes I feel very bloated.

It's funny when I had my daughter three years ago I weighed less in the few months after I had her than I did before I got pregnant. Now since my periods have returned and since the three procedures I have gained all the weight and then some (try 25 pounds).

Hoping the next time in the hospital I will give the weight back again.

Stretchy pants sound like a good idea!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2006, 07:28 AM

Yes, I can't hardly stand this. Where I work I don't have the luxury of wearing stretchy pants. UGH! But I keep letting a notch out on my belt every hour it seems. Ha, ha.

At first I thought too, that it was just my imagination about the bloating, but today is really bad and I know I haven't eaten anything to bring this on. This must be some sort of side affect is my guess.

Okay this might be TMI, but this weekend things started to hurt down there and while wiping after peeing, it felt odd. So I took a look and everything seems to have dropped right to my vaginal opening now. I'm wondering if it's the combination of a bad chest cold (lots and lots of heavy coughing) and the fact that I've been cleaning/organizing and lifting lots of heavy objects (moving furniture) to prepare for surgery has anything to do with the fact that things have dropped a little further. I've been trying to get my whole house organized b/c I know it'll be a long time again before I get the chance. Anyone else gone crazy too. LOL
Unread 10-31-2006, 07:39 AM

Yep.. too much lifting can do that, and yeah I've gone crazy too.

Aunt Flo just came to town, for one last unscheduled hoorah... I knew it! I'm not all that surprised, but it seems my good-bye celebration a few weeks ago was a bit premature

Just broke out the sweatpants again ... it seems like this will never end.. although so renewed is my faith in my decision to get this all over with!!!!
Unread 10-31-2006, 08:07 AM

May as well make the investment in the stretchy pants now cos you will need them after for the swelly belly. Dont worry though at least that goes away eventually - or so I'm told.
Unread 10-31-2006, 08:18 AM

Yup - bloated here too.
Should be just days away from last period --- I say SHOULD because I've yet to get confirmation on my surgery date.
Seems I could be a bit delayed yet which would mean I'll be puffed up like the Pillsbury Dough Boy by the time I get there!!
Unread 10-31-2006, 08:21 AM

I have been describing it as 'swollen'. I wouldnt say Im bloated, because that really isnt painful. There are areas of my tummy, that at certain times, are painful to touch. It seems like everything is ultra-sensative. Wiping, sex, wearing panties.... This has really gotten worse after making the decision about my surgery. I was just telling my DH that I had tried on 3 pair of jeans this morning, and finally settled for the one which was the largest, but I have the button and zipper undone. I have spoken with the nurse several times, and am taking something to help with the 'pain'. I feel like Im 12 weeks preg, and it feels as if my tummy is holding up my pants. Its the strangest and most uncomfortable thing. I find that leaning back or reclining helps, instead of sitting upright all day. And yes... it gets worse as the day goes by. Maybe now IS a good time to invest in some comfortable pants... doesnt look like its going to get better anytime soon!
Unread 10-31-2006, 08:29 AM

Wow that is so like the post op swelly belly. What you are describing is exactly the way my swelly belly behaves. Has the nurse or dr given you any indication as to why you have this swelling? I mean I cant work out what it is that swells. Is it your intestines? I think it must be but then why in your case and then why does it also happen post op? But more importantly how do you stop it from happening. No one seems to know.
Unread 10-31-2006, 09:32 AM

Bloated you ask?!!! Shoot, you could tie a string around my ankle and float me down the street in a parade. Due to fibroids, my uterus had enlarged to that of a 22 wk pregancy (now 19 wks thanks to Lupron). Still, even at 19 wks I feel like someone stuck an air hose in me. I can't even eat that much anymore without feeling like I've pigged out at a buffet or something. So bloated YES; miserable, YES, looking forward to my hyst YESSSSSSSSS!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register