4 1/2 weeks and pain-getting discouraged | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 1/2 weeks and pain-getting discouraged 4 1/2 weeks and pain-getting discouraged

Unread 11-01-2006, 07:33 AM
4 1/2 weeks and pain-getting discouraged

Last Friday was the 4 week anniversary of my LSH with removal of left ovary, excision of endometriosis and removal of an adenofibroma on my right ovary. I woke up that morning and felt GREAT! I had a fun but busy weekend, and for the last 2 days I am walking like a hunch back again and am very uncomfortable. Is this normal? Did I just overdo it and amy paying the price? I have been in constant pain this entire year due to my endo and I am getting discouraged. I was going to try to return to work this week, but I am afraid to go if I am still hurting. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2006, 08:57 AM

I think you may have overdone it just a little. I get those "pinchy" pains in my sides and my belly gets sore if I do too much(seems like I walk a little slower and kinda hunched over too). Just take it easy today and you should feel better. As long as you don't start bleeding or have a fever, I wouldn't worry too much. If you are still concerned something else is going on, by all means, call your dr!
Keep us posted...God bless you!
Unread 11-01-2006, 09:05 AM

belle,
I have stabbing pain on my right side and have wondered the same as you - am I just overdoing it? One way we could find out is to rest a couple of days and see if that fixes it - but it's hard to do at this stage, eh? Ready to march forward. Can you delay restarting work without too much issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2006, 01:08 PM

sometimes i get stabbing pain in my side and a generalized burning pain down low. It is hard to go slow at this stage because I have a lot of pressure to go back to work. I think I am just being impatient, but it helps to know that other people at this stage are having some of the same feelings. Thanks
Unread 11-01-2006, 01:36 PM

I was 5 weeks Monday and EVERY Mon/Tue so far I have been wiped out. I have figured out the the weekends my DH is home, we have his 2 teenagers and my DD and her 2 babies come over. All week long it is just me and I papmer myself. Weekend comes and there go the naps/easy time! We ladies are trying to live our lives like they were before hyst and we pay the price following. WE all seem to crash and burn after a couple of normal days! I thought this week would be different...it was worse than last week!

I am seeing my Dr this afternoon and delaying work as long as I can. There is pressure for me to go back too but in 32 years there I have been the one to cover for everyone else and this time I have to take care of me! I will be asking him for what amounts to 9 week off since hyst. I sure hope he has no problem with that!
Send some positive sister vibes my Dr's way today!
Unread 11-01-2006, 01:39 PM

Can you get in to see your doctor before you go back to work? If you can, why not talk to him/her honestly and express your fear and concern and that you are still not feeling healed enough.
Maybe they can give you a note to only return part time for the first little bit. Working up to your regular hours slowly may help you adjust....
I too am afraid to return to work and sit all day long in one position because sitting too long gives me bad cramps still....
Good luck with what you choose to do.
Unread 11-01-2006, 01:50 PM

I am five weeks out and I am still having trouble. I walked a lot trick or treating last night and had lots of cramps and pressure and my belly blew up like a balloon. I went to work today I am still swollen but feel better. I need a nap! I just want to be back to normal. We will all get there soon I hope!
Unread 11-01-2006, 02:31 PM

Cindygrinz...it is all or nothing at my job and with staff shortage looks like my first week back will be atleast 6 days. I see Dr in a couple of hours and am going to lay it all out for him. Hope he gives me the rest of Nov off!
Unread 11-01-2006, 04:37 PM

Belle -

I think you have to look at it over all. I still (at 8 weeks) have better days than others. Today, it was all I could do to get home and get in bed. I;m quite tired, though I slept 8 hours last night and my belly is kind of distractively achy. I just look to better days ahead. I have had days that are 'almost normal'.

Hang in there,

Julie
Unread 11-01-2006, 05:27 PM

I am now about 8 weeks, funny thing is around my 4th week I started having the weird side pain as well, I hit, 5 to 6 weeks and feel great.
Im just now feeling ok still when I over due it, so take it easy!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register