Back Home and The #1 Tip I got Was : Bring a Back Scratcher to the Castle!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back Home and The #1 Tip I got Was : Bring a Back Scratcher to the Castle!! Back Home and The #1 Tip I got Was : Bring a Back Scratcher to the Castle!!

Unread 11-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Back Home and The #1 Tip I got Was : Bring a Back Scratcher to the Castle!!

Hello!

Thanks and love to all for your thoughts prayers and support! Home from my Halloween Adventure! (TAH) Feel pretty good, considering!! Was insane the night and morning before! Thanks for all the anti anxiety advice! And all the other tips!!

To all still waiting, the anticipation was awful, but I am amazed at how well I feel today. Uncomfortable, sore, and my stomach skin feels like it has third degree burns from the stretching. But it is all extremely tolerable! Am taking 400mg Ibuprofen every 4 hours, and have Darvocet that I am trying to take only at night. So far, it's doing the trick. Have been home since late yesterday evening, so we'll see how it goes!!

Afternoon of surgery and next day were "great" due to morphine in my spinal anesthesia!!

Whomever told me to bring a back scratcher, I cannot Thank You enough!! It was the most valuable of ALL my items! Massive Morphine itching!! My nose lookied like W.C. Fields and I was just red and welty everywhere! The itching that first day and a half helped forget about the gas!! Even with the meds to counteract it, I scratched till I bled! So thank you for that tip!

Will post later in the other forum where you can tell your experiences. Just wanted tot say Thank You to all for the well wishes. And my thoughts are with all of you Ladies in waiting!!

Take Care!
Terra Louise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2006, 11:56 AM

Welcome Home!!!!!

I had not even thought of a back scratcher! I am going home and putting one in my bag tonight.

Les
Unread 11-03-2006, 12:02 PM

Glad to hear you are home and doing well down the road to making a full recovery! I read the same post, and have my back scratcher ready to go

Get plenty of rest! Thanks for letting us know you are home... I feel better with each Princess that returns to say "honey, Im home!"

Big s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Welcome Home

Welcome Home to one of my fellow Halloween Sisters! Glad to hear you are doing so well. I too came home yesterday and I feel amazingly good. I nap a couple of times during the day and don't overdo. I'm still waiting for a BM and I hope that will help with some of the bloating I feel. Big Hugs to you and remember to pamper yourself. I'll be thinking about you.
Unread 11-03-2006, 12:38 PM

Welcome to the recovery side! Take care and lots of rest!

Forgot to mention... my favorite things I took to the castle were my teddy bear ~ I think they work even better than a pillow. And my silky, short robe. It made getting out of bed so much easier. I wore the hospital gowns, thank heaven (since one of my incisions leaked horribly the morning after!) but put my own robe over top.
Unread 11-03-2006, 03:11 PM

Terra Louise,

I also recommend a "picker upper" in case you drop things. You do not want to overdue and bend lots.

Welcome home!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register