LSH-Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH-Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy LSH-Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy

Unread 11-13-2006, 02:43 PM
LSH-Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy

Has anyone has this procedure done? The doctor said that recovery time is only a week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2006, 02:55 PM

Hi Maryd4love!

Until some members who have had this type of surgery come along to share, you might want to do some reading here:

Tell Your Hyst-Story

All the thread titles are labeled, so it should be fairly easy for you to scan for those that start with "LSH" and read what those Princesses have to say about their experience.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 11-13-2006, 04:06 PM

Hello,
I had a LSH done on 11/2/06 and I am still recovering. Today was the first day I drove my DD to school. The recovery time for everyone is different. I am still very sore to touch my belly or when I move a certain way. I still can not cough real well and forget about sneezing. I hope this helps alittle bit?
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2006, 06:20 PM

Hi Maryd4love,

I had a LSH and I am still very pleased with my surgery results.

I started back at work at 2 weeks post-op with my Dr's okay. I just took it very slow and delegated a lot. Truthfully?? 3 weeks would have been nicer and I was in the wedding business at the time and the season was starting.

For me, only one week off from work would have been really hard. I was still moving very slow and my body felt the need to recuperate. A LSH is a less invasive hyst and it is still ~major~ surgery.

I might suggest you talk with your Dr. and see how you are doing in post-op. Just let your body and its recovery be the judge. In post-op, we LSH ladies all have our own recovery time. 6 weeks was the magic number for me to feel 100% again.

Best wishes,

Mary
Unread 11-14-2006, 02:12 AM

My doctor said 10-14 days. I returned to work at two weeks and was easily ready but my job is not physically demanding. The only restriction was intercourse. Had to wait four weeks from surgery for that. I am still absolutely amazed at how quick the recovery was for me. My cervix was cauterized during the procedure and there are no internal stitches. Ovaries and tubes are still there so I'm not even in menopause. YAY!
Unread 11-14-2006, 05:18 AM

My dr. said a week also. Which was too early for me and gave me false hope. When I heard one week I thought I would be back to normal at 1 week. It took me about 3-4 weeks to feel "normal" again. That said, I'm sure it was way better recovery time than one of the other ways of doing the hyst. And everyone is different. I know some women that it really was more like a week for them. Just go into it knowing it could be longer so you don't beat yourself up if you aren't feeling great at 1 week. There will be definite improvement at 1 week, but you may need more time than that. So, just be prepared. All that said, I am glad that I had my surgery done this way. Good luck to you.
Unread 11-14-2006, 08:24 AM

No way was I ready for work after 1 week. I am very glad that I had this procedure rather than TAH, but in my experience 6 weeks was my magic number too. I went back to work after 5 weeks. It is different for everyone, so allow yourself plenty of time.
Unread 11-15-2006, 11:36 AM

One week to be recovered? That's a push. My doctor told me that after two weeks most but not all women feel like they are at about 90%. I clung to that as my hope but knew that I could also be the exception so I wouldn't be crushed. This was my first surgery, so I had no idea how my body would react or recover.

I was lucky to be in the 'most' category when all was said and done. At my one week point I was at work about three/four hours a day (desk job) and that it was the first day I didn't need a nap. It was also the point I had to stard reminding myself that I may feel better but was still healing and should take things slow, sleep as needed, not lift things, etc. So the one week point was a stepping stone for me in that sense, but it wasn't until my two week followup exam that I felt like I was me again.

Every one is different, just listen to your body, it will let you know.
Unread 11-18-2006, 07:41 PM

A week seems very soon, but like the others have said, everyone is different. I was running around by the 4th day after surgery, but not for very long at a time. Driving was never an issue. I went back to teaching full time at 12 days. The first week was exhausting, but I was also staying after school for an extra curricular activity. The second week was better, and the third week was fine. I am 4.5 weeks out today, and feel almost normal almost all the time. I still sleep in whenever I can, but don't feel the need to rest through the day. Lifting is not as bad as it was, but I'm not lifting as much as I used to, either. I get better every week. I would like to say every day, but there are still days that aren't great. Not many, but some.

I think "seeing how it goes" is wonderful advice. You may be fine a week after, and you may need more time. Just depends.

Good luck!
Unread 11-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Lsh

I am new to the sight and will have a laparoscpoic hysterectomy,but will keep ovaries and i think my cervix. Is this the same as a LSH. my doctor has told me 2 weeks of down time .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register