Ack! Just realized I'm in the 2 week window! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ack!  Just realized I'm in the 2 week window! Ack! Just realized I'm in the 2 week window!

Unread 11-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Ack! Just realized I'm in the 2 week window!

Yipes. I have been on vacation (wonderful cruise with my DH and NO KIDS for our 10th anniversary) last week and this week I am crazed trying to get ready for a major dance competition over Thanksgiving (I am a dance teacher). Costume to help sew etc. The last thing I have been thinking about is the big H and all of a sudden today, it hit me. We were at my son's Tiger Scout meeting and I asked if there was going to be a meeting next week with Thanksgiving and all and then they answered that it wouldn't be next week but the following Tuesday there would be. I was like 'Oh good because I am so busy next week" and then I started laughing because it finally dawned on me that I would be a tad bit occupied on the following Tuesday.
I have major shopping, cleaning, decorating, costume-making etc. etc. etc. to do. There is NO WAY I can get this all done. Plus, being on vacation, my mom was staying at our house. She was supposed to at least do the basics for my first grader and homeschooling and she basically gave him multiple recesses every day and thought it was funny. I am trying to play catch up with him and I don't think it's too funny. She says they did things but honestly I can't find anything they did do. I wanted to be on track so that the first week anyway I could have my DH help a little (he is not exactly Mr. Mom) with the school and then I could do a lot of reading to him and things right from the couch or bed. Oh well. Just starting to feel the stress well up in me. How did you all handle those final 2 weeks? Add to it trying to get in all the doctor appointments and hair appointments (have to get it cut and colored next week). I have little help at home afterwards and will be lucky to have my mom come back for a couple of days while I'm in the hospital (then she is going to Florida) and my DH for maybe a couple of days when I get home. That's it. So, please pray that I have an easy go of it. I have 4 kids (3 at home ranging in age from 4 - 16) and with little help, it is starting to freak me out. Thanks for letting me vent. I don't know what I would do without this site.
Tricia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2006, 12:06 AM

i hear you sister....i am scheduled on the same day as you and i am really starting to freak out....i still have christmas presents to buy, finish cleaning under my bed....linens...chore lists for the boys( i have four DS from 11 to 17) food lists for my DH...and he is freaking out too.....i am really scared now.....all the what if's....i have pain meds, i have anti-anxieties but i haven't used them....i think it's time!!! anyways, at least you got a nice vacation before, i will have to wait for mine til april....i wish you the best
Unread 11-15-2006, 05:15 AM

I was also so concerned that every single thing got done...and quite honestly, it didn't. I'm finding post op, though, that I at least made good decisions about what I decided didn't need to get done...and more importantly, deciding what I can ask others to do FOR me.
I don't know about you girls, but that's been the toughest part of my surgery, lol...asking for help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2006, 07:25 AM

[ I don't know about you girls, but that's been the toughest part of my surgery, lol...asking for help.[/quote]

Agreed!

Ladies, just prioritize the have-to's and the want-to's. If it doesn't get done, let it go. The world will not stop if some things don't get finished. You need to focus on yourself for a change! My two weeks before are a complete blur now, but at least the time went by fast. Good luck to you on your trip to the castle!

carrie
Unread 11-15-2006, 09:31 AM

I am two weeks today. I have had my date for a while so have alot of the deep down cleaning done, started christmas shopping, and I just about have everything for my recovery room. I get nervous at times, and then it goes away. I have made some really great friends here, and I feel very blessed. I hope your surgery and everyone elses goes good. Good luck.
Teresa
TAH/BSO

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register