silly question?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

silly question?? silly question??

Unread 11-16-2006, 11:07 AM
silly question??

i was wondering (maybe my brain is shut off!!) but at the bottom of your posts, it describes your type of surgery and the repairs you have had. how do i enter that info or is it already there?? i dont post alot but its just a silly question. i'm at 2 weeks post-op today and am still pretty sore. my belly on the right side is all numb and the incision isnt healing like the left side.from what im reading this sounds like the norm. one more question, my christmas party for work is on the 25 what are the chances that it would be ok to go, even just for diner?? i still can't sit at the table through a whole meal, finding it uncomfortable to sit that long.

i am trying to take it easy, but with 4 kids its nearly impossible to do nothing..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2006, 11:17 AM
silly question??

The info at the bottom is a signature that people have put on their profile. If you go the top you'll see a tab called "Help and Info", click it. Then, you'll see where you can update your profile. You'll have an option of a signature. Just click it and write whatever you want for your signature. You can add whatever you feel you want to. Then, whenever you post it will be added unless you uncheck the box that says "Show Your Signature". Hope you are feeling better soon. And do you need to tell your work way ahead of time about the party? Could you go if you were feeling up to it that day and not go if you weren't? If you are having a hard time sitting through a meal now, you may not want to. But, a week can change a lot for some people. So, if it's possible to see how you are feeling and go from there, it might be nice to get out even just for a short dinner where you can just sit. Just don't let your co-workers think by seeing you that you are back and can handle working again.
Unread 11-16-2006, 11:40 AM
silly question??

Hi!

There are no silly questions!

You can also access a link to create a signature line by clicking on Quick Links near the top/right side of the page, just under the link for your Private Messages. The link is in that drop down menu.

There are Guidelines to follow when creating a signature line. Here is the part of the site Guidelines that outline what is and isn't allowed:

Quote:
Your User Signature: Your signature may not include mention of: babies, children, pregnancies (including ectopic), hot topics, urls, image tags and may contain only one smilie.
The signature line will appear on your first post on a thread you create or on which you reply--just one time per page.

The numbness can last for quite a while post-op. I remember having that sensation for months after my surgery. If you are concerned about the healing of your incision, be sure to check with your doctor.

I hope you'll be able to spend some time at the Christmas party, even if you can't stay for the entire event. If you are careful to get the rest you need you may find you feel well enough by then to attend. If not, I'm sure they will understand that your recovery is what is important.

s to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register