Full Blown Cancer Head! Help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Full Blown Cancer Head! Help Full Blown Cancer Head! Help

Unread 11-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Full Blown Cancer Head! Help

4 years post-op(LAVH) due to Stage IA (Early Stages) Endromatrial Cancer. Had Megace therapy prior to surgery but no follow-up radiotherapy or anything else. I thought recurrance was not an issue after radical hysterectomy (vagina only thing left). I was not well informed obviously. Primary doctor saw vaginal cuff granulation (sent to oncologist). He took a biopsy yesterday (also found that stitches still have not dissoved after 4 years), ordered blood test ca-125, something 16 and CBC. I am familiar with CBC but never had the other test ran before even back in 2002. I an getting scared. I feel stupid asking my doctor. I never has a CAT SCAN performed either. My diagnosis was by D&C because I was hemmoging(sp.) back in 2002. Now the day after Thanksgiving I will have my first CAT Scan performed. I have been feeling lousy for about five to six months now but associated this to my father's unexpected death in August. I have been faithful with my annual GYN appointments since hyst( last one April). I do not know what to think and I am asking my fellow sisters to pray for a NERD in my life. Just learned this term. For those that were like me it means (No Evidence of Recurring Disease).
Any information would be greatly appreciated. My follow-up appointment to dicuss results is not until Dec. 4th I know that is not long but feels like a life time.

My prayers to all my fellow sisters,
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2006, 01:55 PM

I am sorry that you are having to deal with this right now, when cancer head strikes one day feel like an eternity. I am hoping and praying that it is nothing. Hang in there!
's
Barb
Unread 11-22-2006, 02:27 PM

Big hugs!

Please don't ever feel stupid asking a question about your health! That's what the docs are there for!

It sounds like your doc is being totally thorough with the tests he's ordering.
Don't worry about the actual CAT scan itself -- it's not that bad. You said you've been faithful with your gyno checks, right? They have been doing Paps for you (vaginal), right? I would think something would have shown up there (at the cuff) first. Although, a distal recurrence is always possible per my gyno-onco -- BUT NOT COMMON.

We all know the waiting is pure torture. I know this sounds lame, but try not to let it take over. Keep busy enjoying Thanksgiving, etc., and Dec 4th will be here before you know it! We're all here for you!

You're not alone!
monami
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2006, 05:26 PM

Hi Minnie, I'm so sorry your are faced with all this stress and worry. My condolences for the loss of your father this summer.
Assume you have been having regular follow-up visits to include pap and internal exams and all was fine at your April visit. It is good that the oncologist is being very thorough but understand the waiting is often the hardest part. The CTscan will be OK; the worse part for me is drinking the somewhat unpleasant tasting liquid.
Pls try to stay busy and enjoy Thanksgiving with your loved ones.
I will be keeping you in thought and prayer.
s
peggiesue
Unread 11-22-2006, 05:42 PM

s Minnie,

Let me give you another , so to be sure you get it.
Cancerhead has become something I know very well lately. It definetly grabs you and twists things and before you know it you really do believe the worst. You can't allow it to happen, because as our dear friend Ellen says, "dont' waste a good panic" . You need more info before you assume the worst. This does not have to be a recurrance. You've taken stellar care of yourself, and it sounds like your docs have been very thorough and if anything, will err on the side of caution here, making sure they know what's going on. I'm glad he's doing the CT scan; it'll put your mind at rest and let you know exactly what you are dealing with. What a relief knowing you are in such good hands! The waiting, the worrying,the guessing, and the 'whatifitis" is enough to make you go crazy!

As someone else mentioned, the CT test itself is a breeze. Well worth whatever it takes to get some answers.

I know you are worried, and I know you've been keeping up with your check ups and everything so if there *IS* any sign of recurrance, you will have gotten it caught early. However, remember, it could be a myriad of other issues (including scar tissue, adhesions, inflammation from the stitches that never dissolved) causing your problems right now.

You've been through a lot lately; I know this isnt' easy to deal with on top of everything else. Hang in there and keep the positive thoughts flowing.

Please let us know how you are doing, OK?

xox0
k9
Unread 11-23-2006, 08:31 PM

Hi Minnie
This must be very scary. Just remember that most endo cancer re-occurs in the first 2 to 3 years. The odds that this is cancer are very very low. I had one exam where it looked like a scratch on my cuff and it turned out to be nothing.
Sometimes lower estrogen can cause some dry tissue.
My prayers go out to you and as the queen of all cancer heads, I know the panic you are feeling.
Sending a big hug, Trisha
Unread 11-25-2006, 01:09 PM

Hi Minnie!

I'm sorry to hear of your latest issues and to me one of the hardest parts in dealing with cancer is the WAITING!

I've been learning that once you have the results from your tests, no matter what the results, there will be a plan of action and then you just take one step at a time to get to the end goal of recovery.

I just found out this week that my husband has prostate cancer and all the new feelings of shock and dismay have returned. But at least now I know the different emotions he's having and it gives me the ability to be even more supportive of him than had I not gone through what I have.

I know you had a test the day after Thanksgiving. Did it go well? I sure hope so. We are in similar situations with our endo cancer and I am so rooting for you!

Take care. I'm praying the news for you is GOOD!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register