Now I have an ovarian cyst.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now I have an ovarian cyst.... Now I have an ovarian cyst....

Unread 11-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Now I have an ovarian cyst....

My doctor has moved my surgery up to (hopefully) 11/30, so at least I'll have less of that dreaded waiting, but I had a pelvic ultrasound Monday and was told I have a 3cm cyst on my right ovary. There had been a lot of discomfort there for about 2 weeks. (The doc thinks this may have been caused by the birth control pills he put me on to control bleeding about 6 weeks ago.) I remember now that I've had this pain off and on for years--I thought I was just ovulating! My question to anyone familiar with this is, can cysts just come and go or do they generally stay and just get larger? My sister recently had a softball-sized cyst (which contained some cancer cells) removed from her ovary. Perhaps I should lobby for removing the ovary....

The doc still thinks he may be able to try a TVH but because my cervix has been cut down to size by my recent conization, he thinks it's unlikely that he'd be successful and would have to revert to the TAH as he originally thought. I'm almost wanting to push for the TAH so he can get a look at my ovary/cyst.

I'm hoping there will be time for me to get all of my questions answered by my doc before surgery but it's cutting it kind of close.... Anyone with similar experiences?

Thanks!!!

~Janet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Now I have an ovarian cyst....

If it is a funtional cyst I have been told that they SHOULD eventually resolve itself. It may take 3-4 mos. to completely disappear with pain coming and going in the meantime. Good luck. Dr. should be able to tell you if he thinks it is a normal fluid filled cyst or something worth looking into more. I had a lot of probs. w/cysts on my left side so they just decided to go ahead and remove that ovary with the TVH. Good news is that I haven't had any more on the left side but am now getting them on the right. :-) Oh well, better than menopause. Keep us posted as to your progress.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register