Help interpreting blood test results? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help interpreting blood test results? Help interpreting blood test results?

Unread 05-30-2001, 03:06 PM
Help interpreting blood test results?

I haven't visited the board in a while, and have still been trying to find the "perfect potion" of
nhrt. For the last month I have been taking 2.5 Bi-Est cream 1X day and 50 mg.
progesterone cream 1X day. Last week, I went off of the Bi-Est for one day before
having blood drawn, and the results of those blood tests are below. I would love to
hear any thoughts from the sisters here about the results. Yes I have a doc, but as
with most other matters on this subject, I find the sisters here know more than any
doc I've run into. My symptoms are weight gain despite exercise and good diet,
"phantom bloating" that comes and goes, esp. in belly, legs, hands, and face, and last
but not least, depression, that also comes and goes. I am wondering if a low dose of
Thyrolar would help, or maybe adding vitex and other herbs to the mix wouldl help?
Remember, I had not had any Bi-Est for 24 hours when the blood was drawn, because I thought
this would allow the results to show what my own body was still producing. Thanks
for any help!

T3 - 26.8
T4 - 6.9
T7 - 1.85
TSH - 2.1
Estradiol - 28
FSH - 31
Progesterone - 2.15
Testosterone - 47
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2001, 04:25 PM

Hey cath,
I know nothing about T3 and T4, and have never heard of T7. TSH is ideal between 1-2, I think the range is like .5- 5.5 though.
I am really not up on what progesterone levels should be, but your estradiol is on the low side at 28. Now I am not sure how much of that is due to your not taking the bi-est the day before your test?? Did they tell you not to take it? Your testosterone looks good at 47.
You said that you were taking 2.5mg of bi-est do you know what the percentage is of estradiol to estriol?
Did they test estriol?
If I were you and wanting to make a change I would increase either the bi est as a whole or the percentage of estradiol to estriol. If your estradiol is indeed low that might lead to your feelings of depression. Maybe one of the other sisters or Lauren will know the effect of not taking bi est for a day.
As far as the weight, join the club, I think many of us are struggling with that.
Unread 05-30-2001, 05:11 PM

Cath,
I don't know too much about interpretting the tests. I just had mine done not too long ago. My FSH was 107.7, which according to the test is post menopausal.
Last year I also had some bloodwork done and my FSH was 86 so I have brought my FSH up and overall I am doing much better.

Do you have a copy of your lab report? They usually give reference ranges on the report.

I also think that reference ranges will vary from lab to lab.

Hopefully Lauren will be along to help soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register