Hyst Dec 14th, and scared to death | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyst Dec 14th, and scared to death Hyst Dec 14th, and scared to death

Unread 11-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Hyst Dec 14th, and scared to death

Hello,
Im Scheduled to have an TVH on the 14 of december. I have never had any major surgery and I will be going to a hopspital that I'm not familiar with. I can't sleep, and all I have been doing is eating. I wish this were all over with. I really don't have anyone to talk to about this.
Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2006, 07:50 PM

Cirlykalu- I'm right there with you... I'm the 13th. Have you thought to call the hospital for a visit before the big day? or when you go for pre op? I too am having trouble sleeping- I think it's the anxiety creeping in. It has gotten better since I made a written plan on what needs to happen at work and home before hand-i'm a planner. Plan your work and work your plan. For the eating... stock only "good" snacks so even if you graze it's not so bad. I have started to convert white wheat options of foods to whole wheat options, having fresh veggies ready to eat in the frig for snack. So yeah I each a handful of celery-yippee...only what 40 cals? stuff like that. Food is my comfort thing too.

You have your hyster sisters to lean on- we are here for you....
Unread 11-29-2006, 07:55 PM

Hi! I'm Judy. I'm having a TAH on the 14th and I've never had any surgery before either. I'm having it in an unfamiliar hospital, too, because it's a hospital in the city with a great reputation.

I'm scared to death, too. The panic comes in waves for me. I think it's natural to feel this way. I am always thinking about it 24/7, but the panic isn't always there. Then it comes out of nowhere and I feel teary-eyed and want to jump in my car and run away. Unfortunately, if I did run away, my ovarian cyst and my fibroids would be going with me, so that wouldn't solve anything!

I'm just trying to tough it out. I try to stay really busy and get my Christmas preparations finished, my house semi-organized, and as many things to make myself comfortable when I get home as possible.

I'm sure that the panic will increase as the 14th gets closer, but hopefully, I will find ways to deal with it. I've made a list of all the things I'm scared of and a list of all the things I'm looking forward to being better after the surgery and the second list is longer than the first. I also try to find any little scrap of humor in this situation to lighten my mood.

You aren't alone. We are all here for you! The thing that has helped me the most is coming here and talking with others who are going through the same thing or have already gone through it. Hopefully, that will help you, too.

Hang in there!
Judy

PS-Stress affects me the opposite. I want to escape into sleep all day and night and am tired all the time and I feel too queasy to eat anything! Funny how it affects everyone differently, isn't it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2006, 09:13 PM

I'm with you guys. I'm scheduled for the 13th and have been waking up for the past two weeks at 3 a.m. I'm totally exhausted. I'm 45 work full time and go to College at night. I'm starting finals and have no energy.
I just look at all I have to do and freeze. It's all too much.
I have pre-op next week.
The only thing that's helping at this point is each time I can "feel" my insides aching - I know or at least hope I'm doing the right thing. So, we'll be in this together in two weeks and think and pray for each other - a deal?
Love,
Kathy
Thanks.
Unread 11-29-2006, 09:22 PM

I totally agree with all of you. I am on the 12th and I am trying to do the same. Wondering if the decission is the right one is not necessary other than to think I will have my life back afterwards.

I have two small children at home 3 yrs. and 21 months and this is where my worry comes into play...how will they be without me and how will it be not to lift them at all for a couple of weeks... I am stressing too! Hang in there and wish all of you the best. I will be thinking of you!
Unread 11-29-2006, 09:52 PM

I am with you too! I am having LAVH on 12/14. I am scared too. I have beenthinking about all the things that could go wrong. Demanding that my husband and I finally fill out those advance directives and living will papers. I am trying to get all of my presents purchased and my house clean too. I have started cooking my Christmas dinner and freezing it. I am in nursing school and have 4 exams in the next 2 weeks to study for and take. It is all too much to thing about and do. I keep telling myself that it will all seem like a blur afterwards and I will be out of my misery and back to being a 28year old!

Unread 11-29-2006, 10:04 PM

All I can do is try to reassure you, even though I know how your anxieties are getting to you. For those who are almost bleeding to death, think of colorful new panties without bloodstains. For those with aching guts, think of days when you don't double over at all. I know, I know...it's hard right now. You're allowed to be nervous and concerned. It's natural to feel that way.

Girls, the days of waiting in pain and suffering are almost over. Yes, there will be restrictions. They can be handled with help from friends or good planning in advance.

Lena
Unread 11-29-2006, 10:13 PM

Can I join in?? I'm going in on the 11th. I feel like someones sitting on my chest all the time.(Don't worry, it's just anxiety) I've had surgery before but mostly minor stuff with exception of c-section. It's my understanding that c-sections are much different thou.
I'm not sleeping very well. I toss and turn, have weird dreams and wake up alot. By the time morning comes I feel just as tired as I did when I went to bed. I'm almost looking forward to the surgery minus the needles and pain, long recovery just to get some needed sleep. Maybe thats the point. We all get so worked up that we're to tired to fight it when the time comes
Cyber hugs to all my sisters and good night.
Unread 11-29-2006, 10:16 PM

Lena, Is that you?? I've missed your posts. Are you doing wonderful? Are you still dropping weight?
Unread 11-29-2006, 10:35 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I go in on Dec 11/06 and have been having trouble sleeping for the last 2 weeks.

I have really weird dreams and toss and turn all night. I just bought myself a body pillow yesterday and I had the best night sleep last night that I have had in a long time.

I have had surgery twice before but still find myself getting really nervous and anxious. I do however, look forward to a life without pain and getting back to a normal life.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register