A little holiday help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Prayer Requests for Hyster Sisters

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A little holiday help A little holiday help

Unread 12-08-2006, 10:55 PM
A little holiday help

I wanted to ask for a little prayer support. I am almost 9 months post op from a TAH and am not using any HRT. I was taking Premarin for a few months but didn't like feeling dependent on a little brown pill to make me likable. I am doing okay without the pills, better than I was before them, thank the Lord. But, with the holiday season upon us, and with me having a history of the "holiday blues" every year, I am having a difficult time this year adjusting to my new self and the winter blahs at the same time. I know is sounds silly, but I just needed a little help. I am freshly 29, married for 8 and a half years with no children and absolutely no love life any more since the surgery. How long does it take to get over the surgery? Mentally and emotionally I feel like a stranger in my own skin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2006, 05:18 AM
A little holiday help

I will pray for you. I am only 6wks post op so I can't answer your questions. But I am trying to do without hrt also. I have been hit with major hot flashes and recently mood swings.I am not sure my marriage can stand the new me. I am hoping I will adjust. I get the winter blahs. Sometimes I go for the tanning beds just to perk my spirits and get a little fake sun. They also have the lilghtbulbs that simulate the sun. I think they are just a lot brighter and I need that.
I haven't been cleared for sex set but I haven't had any urge what so ever. We used to have a very healthy life. Well I was invited to a toy party...Went for curosity ..it was fun, tastefully done, and it did spark my interest again. I am 46 and was there with a bunch of college girls. I think maybe just the idea of something new was a big help.
Best of luck..
Unread 12-10-2006, 09:10 AM
A little holiday help

Hi (((rrmesm))) There is so much stress this time of year anyway. I can understand your struggle.

Father God I lift my sister to you today asking you to hold her tightly in your loving arms. Calm her heart and give her strength and patience to do what she needs to do and to deal with the heart issues and emotions that come with the season. Touch her physically and help her body cope with the loss of hormones it's experiencing. Give her wisdom to know how to deal with these physical changes that have come with her surgery. Help her to turn to you for her every need. Pour out a blessing on her home this Christmas and fill her heart with your joy. In your precious name we pray. Amen.

This is prayer forum and it isn't appropriate to go into this in detail, but I am going to be bold here and suggest you might want to do some reading in the Hormone Article List . You are very young to be without hormones and there are lots of good options out there. If you are interested you could post some questions in post op or in the jungle.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
's and blessing to you and yours, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2006, 09:13 AM
A little holiday help

A-men

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register