More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!! More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!!

Unread 12-13-2006, 05:29 PM
More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!!

I am sooooo glad that I am not the only one going through this. I can only imagine how it will be when I return to work in January. I have taken to writing myself notes when I need to do something or else I completely forget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2006, 06:21 PM

hi girls, here we call them CRAFT moments, Can't Remember A Flipping Thing.
Mine this week have included using the self serve till at WalMart and leaving the cash back in the till. Unbelievably I got it back 2 days later when I realised what I had done. Today I left my wallet, with car and house keys attached, in a public toilet. Again it was handed into security.
Thank God there are still honest people out there!
Unread 12-13-2006, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I seem to transpose simple words, like I want to say "I'll take the car" and it comes out "I'll take the train"
Oh Jane that is so ME! I do that all the time. I realize I have done it when I see the look in the listener's eyes. Yes and I am a therapist so words are my trade as well! Yikes, what are we telling people!!!

I sure don't remember!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2006, 06:42 PM

What a great post LOL. I have noticed the past few weeks that I tend to forget a lot. If I am speaking to someone about something and they stop and interrupt..I can't remember for the life of me what I was telling them. I have also caught myself putting things in odd places at times lol.

Girls, don't feel so bad. I also get brain fog from fibromyalgia..soooo I am getting a double whammy LOL...fibro fog and meno fog..yikes..am I doomed????? LOL

I enjoyed reading your funnies here. It's good we can laugh it off. I always say laughter is the best medicine
Unread 12-13-2006, 06:42 PM

Well my kids and husband LOVE my memory loss!! My best one was standing at the parent sign in for our childrens program Sunday and having to ask not only my kids names but what rooms they were in I'm so glad everybody there just giggles and loves on me!!! I do the word transposing too. Now I'm not sure if I've put things in strange spots or my poor short people have given up on my just started putting them where I tell them too, socks in the fridge was a funny one yesterday!!!
Love ya all
Unread 12-13-2006, 06:50 PM

Lyzzy I am doing the same thing. Middle of conversations I forget totally what I was saying or going to say. I walk upstairs and forget what I went up there for. I will go to put something in the cupboard, then realize it should go in the fridge. I asked my son to get the dog a cookie = we don't have a dog, a meant give his sister a cookie. You should see my friends faces. It has to be the meds. Or lack of meds.
Unread 12-13-2006, 08:25 PM

These stories made me laugh ... I'm having my ovaries removed on Monday... is this what I have to look forward to?!?

On a positive note - my family will probably be excited that I won't be able to remember everything!

- Kim
Unread 12-13-2006, 08:31 PM

Kim, Sometimes it is fun. Yesterday a friend from out of town called and said she was coming for lunch. I was so excited, like it was the first I had heard of it. Then I remembered this had been planned for months! But it was news to me and therefore super fun like a surprise!!! LOL!
Unread 12-14-2006, 02:12 AM

I am 4 weeks post op and I feel like I have been in a fog the whole 4 weeks. I tried explaining to a friend how I felt and I was in tears trying to explain. I just feel so wierd inside. I feel like I am in a haze or something. I have so much to do and I cann't seem to get it done. DH pastors a church and I have obligations. The kids in the church are upset with me this sounds stupid but I did not realize Christmas was so soon and I have not gotten the play together. DUH! I got to quit talking about it I am about to cry.
I hope it does not linger I had enough trouble with my memory before the surgery.
Please tell me this is common? Is just the change in my body or what?
Unread 12-14-2006, 06:05 AM

J- Totally common. You are not alone. But the weepiness may mean you need to look at your hormones. And tell every one to back off, you are not even six weeks yet. You are still healing! Big hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register