More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!! More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!!

Unread 12-14-2006, 06:06 AM
More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!!

Try leaving the house knowing you forgot something get in your car and realize its your shoes or your skirt. That happened to me a few weeks ago. I started back to work on 11/20/06 exactly 6 weeks after my surgery. When I got back I started problems like I always do , I had several scheduled meetings with supervisors in other departments. I was the guest speaker, I was in the middle of explaining something and forgot what I was talking about. I decided to take questions instead. This is week 10 since my surgery and I am swollen and sick. I don't miss bleeding to dealer but I just want my energy and at least half my mind back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2006, 08:17 AM

I had no idea brain fog was a side effect of the surgery. Last week I put Tide in my washing machine and washed water. I never put in any clothes. What makes it so bad was after I realized what I had done I totally did it again. I washed water. How stupid?
Unread 12-14-2006, 09:26 AM

Amelia Bedelia - btw, I love this name...(my favorite children's books ever)I can beat you on the laundry issue. Yesterday I did the laundry with no Tide at all. I know this because when DH came home he said wow did you go to the store today and get detergent? My reply was no. He says then how did you do the laundry? Needless to say, he went out and bought detergent and I will be re-washing the laundry today. What was I thinking (or not thinking)??? It's a wonder I can get myself dressed in the mornings!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2006, 10:06 AM

Since 2001 I have had six surgeries for endometriosis (including the final surgery - a TAH/BSO on Nov. 7). It seems like after every surgery I would be foggy. I would forget things my husband or boss would tell me. I thought it was age (I'm 34) or that I was just losing it. One time the nurse asked my age and I told them I was 28 (I was 30 at the time).
Unread 12-14-2006, 10:36 AM

First trip out last night to target, I was so excited to get out..well hubby was pushing cart and i put my purse in the seat because it was a little to heavy to carry around..didnt find anything we wanted so hubby just left the cart with my purse in the toy dept..got to exit and went to get keys..oops no purse, thank goodness it was turned in at front desk..to top it off hubby bought me a new razor cell phone on the day of my surgery , got ready to go to bed and no cell phone!! It had fell out in the car, had to wait until DH went to sleep to go check ..Didnt want him to know that i had turned into our forgetful son..lol
Unread 12-14-2006, 12:24 PM

I was feeling a little anxious because of my brain fog. Thought I would log into my hyster site to see if there might be something to cheer me up. Need I say more. Thank you sisters for rescuing me from thinking too much (or trying to think?)
Unread 12-14-2006, 03:28 PM

I am still having some issues with my memory also and it's been 4 months. My kids are loving it because as my oldest daughter put it, when you ask Mom something just tell her she already said yes yesterday, because she won't remember. Also, gave my daughter money twice in 10 minutes Sunday night because I had forgotten I had already given it to her. She was liking that! I remember right after my surgery I had a real problem with words for about a month. I would be talking and I would say help me with my words. I can't remember the word I'm trying to say. Happened a couple of times at work and co-workers thought that was kind of funny. Family was just getting use to it. They still try to trick me. Not nice. LOL
Unread 12-14-2006, 03:44 PM

thanks for the laugh, it makes us all feel 'normal'
Unread 12-14-2006, 06:47 PM

Well let me add to this. Next week is my birthday and I am something like 6 months post op, I will have to ask someone. Anyway I couldnt remember my age. I had to ask my oldest daughter how old I was going to be. SHE is such a SMART [email protected]@. HA
Unread 12-14-2006, 08:17 PM

I was told once that every time they put you out you lose some memories. I have forgotten how to do my laundry. I prefer now to wash the clothes in fabric softner while putting the detergent in the fabric softener ball. I have done this four times now. And since DH works second shift the first week I had DF bring me home fast food. I refer to McDonalds as Red Lobster now. Wishful thinking. I have done this both times. Called DF asked him to bring me a Big Mac from Red Lobster. I kind of like this. At least I have a reason now to be in a fog.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register