More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!! More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!!

Unread 12-14-2006, 08:34 PM
More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!!

I had to laugh about the kids names comment. You know how parents do that...they call out every kids name before the get to the one they are actually talking to. Well, my father used to do that all the time. He would go through an entire list of names before arriving at mine. The bad part was...I was the ONLY kid! LOL! He listed every pet he ever had before arriving and my name
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2006, 11:15 PM

oh so me... I left the health food store yesterday. Opened up a car door... looked inside and saw a backpack, some bags, and a box of muffins and said to myself, " I don't remember buying muffins"... then I look at the car door and think, "my car is not brown"... I shut the door and... oh boy.......................... I walk away from the brown subaru thinking I'm gonna have a tuff time explaining that I thought it was my car.... since I drive a silver Honda. Duh.

wow. That's what my husband said. Wow.
Unread 12-15-2006, 02:04 PM

I keep getting up for work on Saturday and Sunday at 5:30, mind you....only, I have a Monday - Friday job. Me? I just blame it on being blond!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2006, 03:51 PM

I know that I will talk and talk and talk and talk, to tell about one small event, leaving the other person completely in the dust (or fog), then finally get back to the point, and make some sort of connection. I have gotten to be known as a "story teller" around people who know me in my town! (Stuff like this you just know, or it comes back at ya.) I try so hard to not forget what it is that I am talking about! It all barely makes sense to begin with, but I usually can come back to the point where I started. When I have to say that I forget where I was in the conversation, the other person is either understanding and says "that's okay," or I can see that they are very, very, very relieved!
Unread 12-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Just think!

And just think dear, we get to drive cars and work with the public and use stoves!
I just read on another post that in Ireland they get 3-4 MONTHS off for a hysterectomy.
Unread 12-15-2006, 05:43 PM

I have to add my CRS moments (can't remember stuff!). I'm a tv news writer and I use the computer all day at work. I'm ususally multi-tasking on several projects all at once. From searching for information to reading and answering e-mails. The other day I wrote a couple of stories and someone sent me a message to look again at what I had written. I had to go ask the woman who had to read it on the air if it made any sense or not. She was very polite about it, but it was terrible! I also have a hard time when sending e-mail, remembering what I have just written, whether I actually sent my note to the right person, and/or whether I actually wrote a note and sent it, or just imagined that I did! Thank goodness for the "sent mail" file.

Oh my!
Unread 12-15-2006, 06:08 PM

I am so glad I found this site. It has been a little over five weeks now, and realize that I'm not going crazy. I am doing things and repeating myself all the time. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 12-15-2006, 07:03 PM

I've been having a lot of those moments the past few days - I find myself putting things away in the wrong places (gallon of milk into my pantry) but today was the worst. I was driving my kids to visit their Nana and pulled into the wrong driveway. The kids thought it was pretty funny. I've been going there for 14 years! Hope this gets better before I forget my way home
Unread 12-15-2006, 08:13 PM

The other day my friend came and took my girls to the mall. She asked if I wanted her to bring me back something to eat. I said, "No I'm going to put an oven in the pizza." I tried saying it again, and I still said I was going to put an oven in the pizza.

The mixed up words happen to me more often than not. And this going into a room and forgetting why I went there is driving me mad!! I'm cold so I go to my room for a sweater and I'm standing in the middle of the room asking the dog, why am I here?

Gotta love the brain fog!!
Unread 12-18-2006, 08:53 PM

oh my!! being 5 days post op I should have had my gut pillow handy for the laughing!! thanks for sharing. When I had my tubal done lap in August I had problems with peoples names coming out in a timly fashion. I could tell you most everything I knew about this person but their name. I think there is a specific speech deficit for this- my sister had the same thing when she had general anesthia. I'll see if it happens again after my partial hyster- I haven't been out and about much or had to speak much about other people that aren't in the room. Now for remembering things on a ongoing basis... use a journal book or calendar to keep track of things. I just freaked when I realized Christmas is MONDAY!!! even tho my shopping is ready - I still need to get "last minute" food things for the meal. sigh. THe fun we are having with hormones and anesthia!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register