More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!! - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!! More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!!

Unread 12-18-2006, 09:21 PM
More brain fog moments, we all need to laugh!!!

Things I have done recently: Went to the cleaners, paid for the cleaning, and left it there...Left my purse on the roof of my car...made a business call and was put on hold; I was so enjoying the music-on-hold that I totally forgot whom I was calling and why! I said "my name is so-and-so....do you know me??".....In a frantic Christmas shopping incident, I got off the escalator in a dept store, was face to face with someone...i thought the woman looked familiar...I said hello, just in case, and then realized I was looking into a full length mirror!! To top it off, I was wrapping gifts the other day and when I got to the bow part, I couldn't have tied it if you put a gun to my head. I am soooo glad I am not alone in this! I also have the ongoing "name that person place or thing" game show going on...driving my family nuts. I'll take nouns for $200, Alex!! Thanks all for a great laugh. Hope all are well and happy holidays!

Ginny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2006, 09:56 PM

Well forgetting the way home was my problem a couple of nights ago. I turned into the wrong neighborhood and before I realized it I was looking for my street. I have lived on the same street in the same house for over 10 years. 3 nights ago I was going to get something to eat at a restaurant for my mother and me and had to turn around when I got to my house because I forgot to go to the restaurant. I sleep with an oxygen machine every night and sometimes forget to turn it on. The only think I wish I could forget is about my ex-fiancee. I want so bad to forget and forgive but I forget everything else but him.
Unread 12-18-2006, 11:11 PM

What? Christmas Is Monday?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2006, 11:24 PM

Ok this is great. I talk on the phone all day, thats my job. Everything that has come up here has happened to me. But the worst is I leave one room to get something from another just to get to that room and wonder what I'm there for. OMG. That drives me crazy! Good exercise tho ha
Unread 12-18-2006, 11:25 PM

I was so excited the other night when I brought home 2 really great movies from Blockbuster only to have my DH walk in and look at me like I was nuts and tell me we saw them last month! I asked him if I like them then! I have also lost my car at Walmart and had to set the alarm off to find it and somehow yesterday I managed to knock my garagedoor opener out of my car. DH had to but me a new one today. I have NO idea where it may be.

I went back to work for a couple of days and could not remember the names of any of the employees I hired in the month before I left. They were all so happy to see me and I was stumped and embarrassed.
So glad to know I am in good company!
Unread 12-19-2006, 06:30 AM

Had you ever had gas and forgot where you were and let out a loud one then you realized where you were and couldn't stop laughing and it kept coming out. That happened to me last week. I stood up at work and the just let one go and forgot there were 15 people sitting around me. I laugh so hard I cried. I was a the doctors office for my follow up visit after my surgery, you know how they have to use that thick KY when examing you, well when the nurse and doctor left the room so I could get dressed, I was trying to find something to clean myself with. I looked on his table and found some wipes and napkins. I opened the wipes and started cleaning, well I felt a burning sensation and it started getting worst, I looked at the container and it was alcohol wipes and not baby wipes. Boy did I feel stupid. I laughed all the way home.
Unread 12-19-2006, 07:10 AM

This is seriously sad, but I don't think I can blame these moments on my hyster. I had them before I had surgery!

My best one was just yesterday though. We took the 2 year old (his birthday was just on Sunday) to get his pictures taken at Sears. Afterward, the photo lady was messing around with the pictures and wanted to write "Happy Birthday" with his name under it. She typed his first name, then asked for his middle name. Since it is Chinese, I just spelled it for her. Wouldn't you know I forgot how to spell my own son's middle name. I told her I thought was right but I couldn't be sure. So, we could do that little enhancement on the picture. But then I felt better because I asked DH and he couldn't remember either!!!!!!

I do the wrong word thing too. But again, I did it before surgery.

So, my theory is that if you are nutty before, you don't notice a difference!!!!

I just can't believe I forgot how to spell his name! DUH!

Pam
Unread 12-19-2006, 09:34 AM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I had NO idea that this was a possible side effect!!! I am 3 weeks post-op and figured it would be gone by now, but it is just as bad (if not worse). My DH is ready to kill me at times. In fact he is really worried about it; I either forget things completely or imagine I did them already.

Unread 12-19-2006, 02:15 PM

okay i'm over two years past surgery & i kept both my ovaries but . . .

can't tell ya how many times i've started to un-load the dishwasher or dryer, think of something else and walk off. come back a few minutes later and am shocked to see the appliance door gapping open, half un-loaded. and go to the grocery store for 1 or 2 items without a list - not anymore; it just can't be done! been asked my age and just stared blankly, gave the dr's office my maiden name and could understand why they didn't have an appointment for me . . . the list goes on!

thank you for this thread - i'd "forgotten" that i hadn't always been like this!
Unread 01-09-2007, 11:36 PM

I soooo needed this laugh today ladies! I'm just a bit worried though...I've had this brain fog for years due to fibromyalgia and marathon migraines....I was hoping surgery might make it better! LMBO!!! So much for that wishful thinking!!

Some of my best ones are when I tried to tell my hubby how much the baby had enjoyed tasting porcupine! (meant nectarine!)....or when I asked Big Sister to get little bro some corduroy! (meant milk!) The frustrating thing is, my brain is screaming "NO!!! THAT'S NOT THE RIGHT WORD!!!" But my mouth doesn't care...it is already committed!

I often have to describe words...."Honey, could you take that thingy that you push around and it picks up dirt...and um...use it on the rug?" My kids think I'm free entertainment!

And forgetful! Just yesterday, I totally flooded the kitchen trying to thaw a turkey!!! (don't even ask!)....Oh boy! If my kids think I'm funny now...I'm gonna be hysterical after surgery!!!! Oooh, and it hurts so much to laugh after surgery! Sigh!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register