Help needed from my Sisters please - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help needed from my Sisters please Help needed from my Sisters please

Unread 06-21-2001, 01:26 PM
Help needed from my Sisters please

Hi Jeanine,

Thank you for your lovely message. I am enjoying my rest today!!

The nurses I had for my radiation were so supportive of complementary medicine - it was so nice to chat about herbs etc. I do feel positive - but I also feel that my whole life is changing and I have no control over it - as long as it changes for the better I have no complaints!

Much love,

Tania xxxx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2001, 08:23 PM

Tania, I am not much help with the treatments, but wanted to let you know that I am happy that the nurses were so helpful to you! I will keep you in my prayers and am sending some your way!
Unread 06-22-2001, 09:51 PM

SEnding you a Tania and lots of love x x when you feel better we can have a chat about herbs, one of my favourite subjects
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2001, 10:35 AM

Hi Cyd and Robyn,

Thank you so much for your messages of support. I am on the third day of my second cycle of chemo. I am taking the anti-sickness tablets this time round and they are making a difference.

Unfortunately the drip feeding the chemo into me seemed to be in the wrong vein - so I am in pain now right down my arm. The pain is getting less but it is annoying.

Anyway, I am battling on - taking a new formula of minerals that I found on the net - it is really good!

Take care all Sisters.

Much love,

Tania xxxxx
Unread 06-24-2001, 02:58 PM

Hi Tania!

I'm so glad you're having an easier time with this round of chemo. Those anti-nausea meds are wonderful aren't they?

One thing I wanted to mention on your arm. I had one episode prior to getting the port put in where my arm started swelling and burning. Apparantly what had happened was my vein blew and the chemo was being pumped in under the skin. It hurt like the dickens and what I had to do is keep ice on it all day until the swelling went down which luckily it did. The ice helps the body absorb the chemo drugs which you do NOT want sitting under the skin. From what the Dr told me it can make you very, very ill.

So, if that pain continues or you swell up, please make sure you notify the nurses and/or physician right away to check it out. I do hope this is not what happened with you but it did make me remember it so wanted to mention it.

Take care, I do hope this round will continue being less traumatic for you and soon you'll have another one down! Keep up the positive attitude, you'll get through this and you'll be on your way to a healthy, cancer-free life! We're all waiting for you to join in the VICTORY

Big {{hugs}} and many prayers!

Vicki
Unread 06-25-2001, 02:49 AM

Thank you so much Vicki.

I am worried about my arm and hand and shall keep putting on the cold water/compresses.

I am so longing to join in with the Victory.

Thank you for your hugs and prayers. Mine are with you too.

Tania xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 06-25-2001, 03:50 AM

Tania, A big to help you along your way. It is a hard road to travel, sometimes I just wish we could all take a different fork in this road. But we are here for you , every step of the way. Much love and prayers coming your way x x
Unread 06-25-2001, 05:04 AM

Thank you so much Robyn.

It is knowing I have such a strong support team that keeps me going!

Tania xxxxx
Unread 06-25-2001, 08:32 PM

Hi Tania!

I wanted to check in with you and see if your arm is feeling any better? Now you've got me worried about you!

If it hasn't improved significantly, please call your Dr and see if he/she can check it out.

{{hugs}} Hope all is feeling better!

Vicki
Unread 06-25-2001, 09:15 PM
much love

Hi tanyia ,

I just wanted you to know much love and support is coming your way. May he hold you up in his hands and relinquish you of all discomforts and fears.

I'm looking forward to hearing more updates from you. god bless and many, many hugs.

jhenna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register