24 yrs old almost 1 year post op and want a tattoo to symbolize my strength. Ideas?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

24 yrs old almost 1 year post op and want a tattoo to symbolize my strength.  Ideas?? 24 yrs old almost 1 year post op and want a tattoo to symbolize my strength. Ideas??

Unread 12-28-2006, 09:11 PM
24 yrs old almost 1 year post op and want a tattoo to symbolize my strength. Ideas??

I am 24 and almost one year post op. I want to get a tattoo on February 22, 2007 which is the one year anniversary. I am having trouble finding a design that symbolizes strength. The strength I had prior too, during, after, and currently have since the hysterectomy. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2006, 09:22 PM
24 yrs old almost 1 year post op and want a tattoo to symbolize my strength. Ideas??

i am 21 and i'm going to get a pair of angel wings to symbolize my journey with the pain and my hysterectomy
Unread 12-29-2006, 09:21 AM

God you guys are sooooo young.
I got two tattoos to symbolize this whole ordeal, but I am twice your age Yikes.
Anyway the first one is the second chakra, you can look it up. Chakras are the pressure points on your body.
Thru meditation and yoga, you can align your chakras for good physical and mental well being .
The second chakra is located rite near the hyster site, which is why I got it. The second one is a line from the
poem Invictus, by William Henly. The tattoo says
" bloody but undefeated" in latin . The words are coming
out of flames.
Hope this helps you with some ideas. Let me know
what you decide to get.

Hugs to you both

Harley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2007, 01:35 AM
try designing your own?!

Hi!
What a great idea!
I have two tattoos that I designed myself. I wanted them to be different from anyone elses, so the first (on left shoulder) is my three daughter's intials (J, S and B) intertwined with tiny vines and flowers. The second is a paisley design based on Indian wedding tattoos. I got it done in a reddish brown to look a little like henna. That one is on my right foot ( and it does hurt a lot there because there's no fat at all.) That one was my reward to myself for surviving a very traumatic episode in my life and seeing it everyday reminds me that I am strong enough to face what life brings and to stand by what I believe in.
If you are not "arty" why not ask a talented friend? A good tattooist will always refine the design for you before he/she does it, so drop the design off a few days before your appointment!
You are young, but you were also awfully young to go through a hysterectomy. Let me know how you go!
Sue
Unread 01-09-2007, 03:21 AM

Hi courtney, I have 5 tats myself and love them, I have an elephant on my foot in which I chose because where ever I walk I should have good luck as he has his trunk up.
My suggestion for you would be a bumblebee - the bumblebee is an unique creature and cause of it 's shape and size it shouldn't be able to
fly but it can,therefore it has conquered a challenge , and oh my god you definately have.
take care and you have got strength and determination good on you
take care
cas
Unread 01-09-2007, 04:30 AM

Hi,

what about a phoenix?
You know, the mythical bird that dies in flames and is reborn from the ashes? Perfect symbol of a new life!
Happy anniversary!
Unread 01-18-2007, 01:08 PM

Cas, What a great suggestion!! Bumble Bee is great!

I have one tat, on my ankle of an Irish Claddagh.
Unread 01-18-2007, 06:13 PM

i understand wanting to comemerate (sp?) an important time in your life. i went thru something back in 1996 that i wanted to remember the strength i needed to get thru it, so that if i ever wavered, i could see my tat and feel strong about my decisions. i have a small (about the size of a quarter) shamrock on my right hip.

just my but i love the bumble bee idea!

good luck & happy hysterversary!
Unread 03-20-2007, 01:51 PM

2 years after my hyst, I got a cross with a rose and tfrisky vine wrapped around it to symbolize how God and my faith has helped me get thru all this stuff, and how life can be harsh (thorns) but also beautiful (rose).
Love, CL
Unread 03-20-2007, 02:17 PM

what a great idea. I like the bumblebee. I guess if it were me though I'd want something that symbolized the lighter and happier future. Maybe a break in the clouds with sun rays shining through?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register