Sensitive post re sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sensitive post re sex Sensitive post re sex

Unread 01-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Sensitive post re sex

I contacted a hostess privately to make sure this was the correct forum for this. It is about my (and my husband's) questions, concerns re sex post op. If you are squeemish or have a hyper moral view of sexuality, please just skip it as I don't need EEEEUUUUUWWW comments right now. Thanks....

Hubby and I have a wonderful and active sex life, albeit modified substantially due to my issues with uterine pain and arthritis.

We are very understanding of each other's sexual needs and appetites, and not confined to the acceptable cultural view of what that should look like.

Still reading.... ? Ok, don't say I didn't warn you.

I understand that vaginal sex is proscribed for at least 4-6 weeks, but what about anal sex? We both enjoy that although it is a rare treat due to his own physical issues.

We also are comfortable with masturbation as sometimes one of us is in the mood and the other isn't or isn't able to. Does this also cause too much trauma?

I go into positive convulsions with my orgasms as they are so strong. Alot of that is uterine contraction and I read that this will be missing in the future.

Anyone got any wisdom about any of this?
And once again, please,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Sensitive post re sex

I have heard that you shouldn't have anal sex either during the 6 weeks or however long your doc says. It is too close to where all your stitches will be. I don't know about masturbation, though. You might want ask your doc those questions. I'm sure he or she has heard it all and should be more than willing to answer any kind of question you may have! Good luck!
Unread 01-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Sensitive post re sex

I think you need to ask your doctor specifically about having anal sex post-op. From posts on this site I have read in the past on that topic, I believe the answer might be "no." Anatomically speaking, that part of the body is so close to the vagina that it might jeopardize the healing from your hyst.

Same goes with masturbation. You really should ask your doctor to be sure. We all have surgery for different reasons, have different medical histories, etc. The answers to both these questions aren't "one size fits all," I'm afraid.

I think you might also find helpful information about returning to intimacy after surgery on the Post-Op Sex Checkpoints page.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Sensitive post re sex

Oh hey, that page, Post-Op Sex Checkpoints, really helped! Thanks for the link! Forwarding link on to my hubby as well, as I don't know if the Mister Hyster page is as comprehensive. Just upgraded to Crown as everyone has been really helpful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register