Bare Minerals makeup... anyone ever try?? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bare Minerals makeup...  anyone ever try?? Bare Minerals makeup... anyone ever try??

Unread 01-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Bare Minerals makeup... anyone ever try??

I am a convert!!! I LOVE Bare Escentuals!!!! I bought the starter kit with the 3 foundation colors, brushes, mineral veil, well rested and can't remember what else. Was so impressed I went on eBay and got their eye shadow samples (8 to play with) and 2 blush colors. I LOVE IT!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2007, 05:09 PM

I went to Sephora yesterday and got the starter kit. She helped me figure out my shades, showed me how to use the warmth, etc. I left thinking "wow, this is GREAT!! Now, I wonder what it will look like tomorrow when not so good at makeup me tries it..." Well, its tomorrow and WOW, this is GREAT!! I am definitely going to go back and play with the eyeshadow, but the pepper upper stuff, foundation, warmth and veil are fantastic so far
Unread 01-30-2007, 06:10 PM

I made sure to take mine to the hospital with me and felt so much better after I put it on. My hair was a mess, but my face felt better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2007, 07:20 AM

I haven't used the Bare Minerals brand, but I use Arbonne's mineral powder foundation and I love it. It's like the Bare Minerals, I think. I never really liked foundation- it felt too heavy or it felt like it didn't even me out. But, this is awesome! Also, I have very dry skin so never wore powder before because I was afraid it would dry me out more, and it hasn't. I absolutely love it! I wear it everyday!
Unread 02-12-2007, 02:11 PM

I checked out Arbonne's makeup and way out of my budget. I am really liking the I.D. Bare Minerals. I have searched and spent lots of money rying to find the right foundation type and color and never luck. NOW... I am loving the powder minerals "foundation".
Unread 03-02-2007, 11:51 AM

Another bare minerals addict here. I bought it over a year ago and LOVE IT. I rarely wear any makeup at all, but when I do- this is all I need, along with my fav lorac mascara, of course.
It evens out my skin tone and looks like I'm not wearing anything on my face at all. I've never tried the eyeshadows, but I don't wear any anyway.
If any of you ever get a chance to treat yourselves to a magic product.. go buy La Mer lotion (or the creme, but it's much heavier than the lotion). It lasts a long time, and it is absolutely the best lotion ever. the whole line is worth it, but is very expensive.
the la mer lotion, the bare escentuals powder and you're ready for your close up!!!!
Unread 03-02-2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLWC1
Another bare minerals addict here. I bought it over a year ago and LOVE IT. I rarely wear any makeup at all, but when I do- this is all I need, along with my fav lorac mascara, of course.
It evens out my skin tone and looks like I'm not wearing anything on my face at all. I've never tried the eyeshadows, but I don't wear any anyway.
If any of you ever get a chance to treat yourselves to a magic product.. go buy La Mer lotion (or the creme, but it's much heavier than the lotion). It lasts a long time, and it is absolutely the best lotion ever. the whole line is worth it, but is very expensive.
the la mer lotion, the bare escentuals powder and you're ready for your close up!!!!
so... the La mer lotion you talk about is a facial moisturiazer? Or a body lotion you use on your face? Does it have any SPF in it? Right now daytime I use Oill of Oly something with 20 SPF, at night I use Aveda All Sensitive face lotion and eye cream.

BUT past 2 weeks have had break outs on my left check ( I usually have 1 pimple a year, if that, even as a teenager), now this week that same area is so dry it is literally flaky and looks awful :-(
Unread 03-03-2007, 01:27 PM

La Mer has an entire skin care line and it is FANTASTIC. I mean a product that actually WORKS!! haha. I wish I could use the entire line, but it's so expensive, my husband would hit the roof if I used all of it.
The face cream or lotion is truly amazing. I'm 32, and shouldn't have wrinkles- but I do have some.. I take that back, HAD some! haha. I have combo skin with a dry face and oilier Tzone.. this stuff works sooo well. I don't even use it every day and my skin has improved sooooo much since I started it.
Philosophy and Kiehls are two other amazing lines. I use the purity facial soap by philosophy because it's an all in one and really gentle- plus it melts the makeup off my face and doesn't dry me out or break me out. If I get a pimple, kiehls has this blemish cream that- and I am serious- gets rid of it almost overnight without reddness or drying. poof and it's gone.
La Mer also has a great serum to use on wrinkles and all over, but it's $250 for the bottle, which while a miracle worker is still out of our budget for something that only lasts about 90 days.
The lip balm is my favorite, though. I bought it for all my female friends and relatives this year for Christmas. It's also waaaay overpriced at $45 but it lasts forever and the best thing about it is that you use it around your lips as well as on them, and it really helps soften the lip lines. that is the only beauty product I took with me to the castle and the only one i've used since i have been home,too! haha. I bought mine last summer and still have plenty left.
Philosophy has a great line of skin care.... really wonderful and *much* more reasonably priced than La Mer. I got my mother hooked on it a few years ago and even though I tried to introduce her to La Mer she won't budge from philosophy.
Philosophy has really cute packaging and I think they have an our on QVC or something. It's worth a try!!!!
Unread 03-03-2007, 03:35 PM

I have used Bare Minerals for over 3 years.
I LOVE IT!!!
It is so natural and easy to apply.
Unread 03-05-2007, 07:18 AM

bare minerals is the best! i love the stuff...LOVE IT!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register