hysterectomy and leaking | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterectomy and leaking hysterectomy and leaking

Unread 01-10-2007, 06:45 AM
hysterectomy and leaking

Hello all

Glad to see that the some of the same people are here as i haven't been on the boards for a while. Genie i really hope what showed up on your scan was just a blip.

I had a hysterectomy on 15th june 06 and i was wondering if anyone else has had problems with urine leaking since the operation? I have had a small amount of leaking, about a teaspoon at a time nearly every day since the operation and it is really frustrating me. I have an appointment with a eurologist in february but just wanted to know if anyone had any advice about this. I didn't have it prior to my operation. Also i seem to have lost my sex drive since having the operation which i am most disappointed about!! I just don't seem to get the urge anymore and would rather go to sleep!!! I certainly wasn't like that pre op! Another problem is constant tiredness, i feel tired all the time. Recently we had a family holiday and i couldn't even keep up with my 83 year old mother walking!!! My body just doesn't want to do the things it used to! It's really disappointing and scary when your body won't do the things you want it to.

Thanks for listening.

I wish i could make you all better you are all good people and none of you deserve to be suffering like this!!

Rosemary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2007, 11:12 AM
hysterectomy and leaking

Hi Rosemary,
My surgery was a few days after yours. I haven't had trouble with leaking but sometimes after I urinate and then stand up I have to go again. So now I finish, stand up and sit down again just to be sure everything is finished.

I don't know what treatments you went through but most cancer treatments will leave you exhausted for several months. I'm more tired now than I was when my treatments were ongoing. My doc says that is not unusual. You should contact your onc and let her know how you are feeling. They may want to check your iron levels etc.

Good luck.
Unread 01-10-2007, 03:28 PM
hysterectomy and leaking

I also had problems with leakage but thankfully it only lasted a few weeks and it got back to normal. The radiation may have caused some of your bladder problems. Hope someone will come along soon who can help. I think the sex drive thing is due to no hormones. Definitely let your dr. know about the tired feeling. Blood levels may need to be checked. Hope things get back to normal for you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2007, 07:14 PM
hysterectomy and leaking

I'm just going to repeat what the others said. I had leaking issues after surgery and during treatments. I still have the occaisional problem when coughing or sneezing. As far as being tired, you aren't alone in that! But call your doc to have your levels checked. After I completed treatment my iron dropped so I have to take a daily supplement now--that's helped things.
Unread 01-10-2007, 09:03 PM
hysterectomy and leaking

I've had severe leaking problems since internal radiation. I'm also 65 so.... I just keep the sanitary pad manufacturers in business. I talked to my gyn/onc about a bladder sling but he said this might not be possible since I had pelvic radiation. As to your fatigue. You're barely 6 months out of your surgery. Cut yourself some slack. It takes a while to regain your energy. Good luck. anna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register