TVH with lots of questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH with lots of questions TVH with lots of questions

Unread 01-10-2007, 05:36 PM
TVH with lots of questions

I finally got my TVH schedueled for Jan. 25. I will also be having A&P repair and a bladder sling. What kind of recovery is ahead? I have seen others talk about a lifting limit. Will I have a limit and for how long...what about driving? I am a sahm of 4 - ages 10,6,5,almost 2 - and my dh works 60 plus hours each week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2007, 05:46 PM

Hi srs1633,
I had a TVH but didn't have any other repairs. I had a weight restriction of no more than 10lbs. for 6 weeks. I could drive at 2 weeks as long as when I pushed the brake pedal kinda hard it did not pull or hurt in my stomach. I also was told no baths due to the water getting up inside and cases infection. All Docs. have a different time limit on things. This is just what mine told me. I felt really good after mine but still ddn't push it. My DD was 16 so she helped out alot. My DH also worked alot of hours so he would pre fix things for me then I just had to heat them up. My 5 year old also helped on things he could. The only other thing I could not do was vacuum. I hope this helps you some. Take care.
Unread 01-10-2007, 06:29 PM

I also had a TVH. I went back to work at 3 weeks, however I did not have any repairs done. I felt great afterwards... I was very lucky. I didnt need any pain meds, which meant I was free to drive a few days later. I bet you are going to be exhausted however with 4 kids, some of which are small. I would suggest getting things in order and having help. One thing I did notice, is I felt soooo good, that I overdid it a couple of times and started to spot blood. I did rest a lot the first week and was tired going back to work so soon, however I am a single mom and needed the money.

I would get all your affairs in order, assign some duties to family and friends willing to help and make sure you get plenty of rest. I am not sure how many people you have to rely on but the more the merrier. I did all my shopping beforehand, stocked up on things I needed, even had all my bills made out and stamps on them ahead of time.

Your best bet is to be prepared!!! and get lots and lots of rest!!! Find someone to take the kids the smaller kids the first couple days that you are home. Sit down and have a talk with the 10 year old... I am sure the older ones will be a big help!

Take care,
Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register