Detrol?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Detrol?!

I'm 32 and had my TAH on Sept 19th. Things have been slow to recover because I went back to work before I was ready and well just pushed myself too hard. Anyway, my question is, is anyone else taking Detrol for bladder problems. I have tried to get back to dancing, exercising, my usual activities and find myself having "leaking" problems. Although uncomfortable it is more enbarrassing than anything else. I just want to make sure this is "normal"

Also, why doesn't the doctor do any kind of blood work after surgery to make sure your hormone levels are "normal"? I feel so old since my surgery and although I feel better physically I feel like "why don't I feel normal"! My moods are up and down , up and down!

Do other people feel this way 3 MONTHS after the surgery or am I being ridiculous?

Please share your experiences with me....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Detrol?!

Hey,

3 months out my moods were all over the board. Its normal I went back to the doctor at about 6 months and had him check my hormones, I was sure my ovaries werent working. But of course they were. It just takes a while to get back to feeling somewhat normal. I actually started taking Detrol LA today. I am having leaking (I am 31). I have a cystoscope scheduled for the 19th and I guess if they dont find anything I will continue with the Detrol. Good luck. I have just read that Detrol can take up to several months to completely work.

GA
Unread 01-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Detrol?!

I had a TVH, cystocele repair and TVT sling due to prolapses that were causing urinary leakage (stress incontinence). Since the surgery I have still had leakage but now they say it is urge incontinence. I am taking Detrol and it is helping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2007, 04:47 PM
detrol

I have been on Detrol for urge incontinence since before my hysterectomy. It worked wonders for me! I don't know if it is any use for stress incontinence though. Ask your Dr.
Unread 01-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Detrol?!

I just started the Detrol this past Monday. I am not seeing a difference in the frequency........ yet. It has helped with the horrible urethra and bladder spasms that I was having. I have been really bloated since starting it though. Did anyone else have that? And how long did it take for you to start seeing some results?
Thanks
Unread 01-25-2007, 06:53 AM
Detrol?!

I started the deterol la back in decemeber and found it did help a lot with the spasms and the urge incont. It isn't meant to help with the stress kind from what I understood. It did help to increase my bladder capacity though. YES,YES,YES to the belly bloat.I went up a size on it. It can take up to 2 weeks to fully take effect from what I was told.
Good luck,
Jen
Unread 01-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Detrol?!

Thank you. Did the belly bloat stay or does it get better after the body gets use to the med?
Unread 01-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Detrol?!

I have had overactive bladder issues for the last 5 years. I started on the Detrol, but it made my mouth so dry, my doctor changed me to the Oxytrol patch. I put a new one one twice per week. It has helped alot, but I think what has helped the most is the kegel exercises. I do them EVERY day, at least 6 or 7 times per day. If you don't know how to do them, google it and I am sure there are step by step instructions. It took about three or four months, but it has made a huge difference. I was having to go about 25 times per day, now it is 4 or 5 times per day. We all look for the magic pill, but sometimes a little effort along with the magic pill is the key. Good luck to you.
Unread 01-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Detrol?!

I have not heard about the patch. I did kegel's before the surgery. I wondered if I could do those now. I am 3 weeks post op today or will I have to wait until my 6 week. I am so glad that you have find something that has worked for you.

I go about 25 to 30 times a day. Very exhusting. Before the surgery, I went about 12 times a day (I have IC). I have always just "dealt" with it. Now, I am just tired of feeling bad all the time. I would not know what to do with myself if I only about 5 times a day. I think that would be better than winning a lottery.

Thank you again,
Unread 01-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Detrol?!

How long did it take for the patch to start working? Any side effects from it?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register