HELP!-Need More Surgery! Need Your Support! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HELP!-Need More Surgery! Need Your Support! HELP!-Need More Surgery! Need Your Support!

Unread 06-05-2001, 03:17 PM
HELP!-Need More Surgery! Need Your Support!

Hi, Everyone!
I am at the end of my rope right now and need some Hystersisters support! I posted a message 10 days ago about problems that I was still having since my hysterectomy on Jan. 24. Brief summary--I was supposed to have a partial TAH (wanted to keep cervix and ovaries). My gyn. screwed up and took my "healthy" ovaries. I was so angry, of course I switched Drs. and I am in litigation with gyn #1.
Anyway, I have had constant pain, discharge, bleeding after intercourse, etc. I saw gyn #2 yesterday and he told me that I haven't healed because my body is rejecting the mesh that gyn #1 put in to hold everything up. He can see internal stitches and the mesh is starting to come down. He has referred me to a gyn. oncologist and said they have to take it out (abdominally!) I am so upset. I can't stand the thought of the pain again! Has anyone else had this or heard of rejection of mesh?? And what happens when they take it out? Are there more problems with organs dropping?
Also, last Thurs, I had an ultrasound for breast lump and need to have biopsy. I see that surgeon on Monday. On top of everything, Dr. made me stop my estrogen until biopsy is done! Has anyone had this problem?? I need advice (and prayers, please!) I don't know how much more I can take!
Thanks,
Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2001, 05:18 PM

{{{{{Cindy}}}}}},

I am so, so sorry! I don't have any experience to share with you but I will certainly pray, pray, pray for you. Take a deep breath and try to keep it all in perspective. You can't live with the bleeding and pain and you will feel so much better when it is over.

I know that isn't much encouragement right now...but hang on Honey! We are here for you!

Much love and prayer!
Renee
Unread 06-05-2001, 06:10 PM
Help! Need more surgery!

I am so sorry to hear about all the trouble you have had. I have not had those problems, but if you have a good doctor, he and the hospital staff should be able to properly medicate you for pain for your next surgery. I have zero pain tolerance and had very little problem with my supracervical abdominal hysterectomy less tahn a month ago. I purchased a hypnosis tape from a local bookstore which helped relax me and prepare for surgery. I also reviewed Winifred Cutler's book on hysterectomy and followed her nutritional guidleines for vitamine suplements before and after surgery. On the estrogen/breast lump issue, I can only report that my mother had a similar experience about 7 years ago. The lump was benign, but her general practitioner strongly encouraged her to get off the hormones, which she did. This was the direct opposite advice of her OB/GYN. I can only encourage you to do more research on hormone replacement therapy. Is there a Women's Resource Center or a teaching University Hospital near your home that you could consult. I was very upset about the propsect of having a hysterectomy, but doing research and taking the above-described measures, greatly relieved my fears. Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2001, 07:10 PM

Hi Cindy - I'm so sorry you are having all this trouble and having to undergo another surgery so soon! I will pray for you and pray your new surgeon has great skill and your pain be diminished.

You might try posting on the road less traveled board, some of the ladies there might have had experience with the surgery you have to have.

Blessings, Marsha
Unread 06-05-2001, 07:28 PM
Cindy..........

Hugs and prayers are on the way.

I believe that the body can reject any foreign substance. I have a friend who`s mom had abdominal surgery..{non hyst related}..and she had tons of problems healing because her body rejected the internal stitches. She ended up having 2 additional surgerys to remove all the stitches.

You certainly have been through alot in the past few months...physically and emotionally! I hope you can find a place of peace within your heart and proceed without anxiety.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{healing hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 06-05-2001, 07:31 PM

hi cindy,
after my hyst i said i would never have another surgery like that no matter what, so i can imagine how terrified u r. i am so for u. but the time will come and go just like the last time, i know thats not very comforting but thats how i dealt with it the first time. thank god everything has healed up fine for me. i didnt understand about the mesh. is that something everyone gets that had a tah. or did u have other problems? i will be thinking about you, and praying everything goes ok. good luck. tina
Unread 06-06-2001, 09:14 AM
Thanks To My Sisters!

I want to thank those who answered and offered support, prayers, and hugs! This is such a great site> I think I will post again to those who kept their cervix and what procedure was done on them. I am confused about this mesh thing and also was told after surgery that another Dr. attached my cervix to my backbone, using a rubber material. Has anyone heard of this??
I will post also to the road less traveled. I am happy to hear that most of you had good recoveries. And I don't want to scare any women who are about to have surgery. I think my case is rare, but we can all learn by sharing!

Hugs to all!!
Cindy
Unread 06-06-2001, 10:30 AM
Need more surgery

Cindy,

I am so sorry your are having to go through all of this. I am not in your same situation. I had a TVH done on April 24th and at 5 weeks post op they found multile cysts and are sure that I've developed adhesions too. So I have to have a BSO done now. I can tell you that my Mom is a RN and works in a Recovery Room and she said that yes sometimes doctors do attach the cervix or vagina to either the pelvis or back bone to ancor it in place. I hope your new doctor can help you feel better soon! I will keep you in my thoughts. i hope your pain is over soon!
Unread 06-06-2001, 10:58 AM
You little sweetheart, take a deep breath.

Dear Cindy,

Anyone who reads your post is probably in tears, but we have kleenex. You are going to be okay. As a woman, you know that you will do everything to stay healthy and alive, no matter what it takes. You can get through this. You have gone through this once. Find out what you can do to make yourself as healthy as possible before your next surgury. Iron/vitamins??? Keep a diary/journal. Absolutely, and write down everything you can possibly remember from day one of going to ob#1. Next, I have had 5 breast surgeries. Action is the #1 thing you want to do here. No matter what the outcome, do what needs to be done. This is your life and you are extremely important. Do not let fear stand in your way. Use this site and the sisters to help you every step of the way. Fear is your enemy. Pain will and can be controlled. After one of my breast surgeries, a doctor left in sutures which were a royal pain because they festered. The human body doesn't like foreign objects, that why we have leucocytes and T cells etc... They took out the left over stitches and it all healed up. All my breast surgeries were benign.
You must not worry. You must get a really trustworthy doctor and communicate.(#2 GYN!!!!) Please take care of yourself and listen to your body and keep posting so we know how you are. We love you. A friend without a face, diva7 (15days post op..subcer AH..one ovary still working)
Unread 06-06-2001, 05:22 PM

Diva,
Great pep talk--Thanks! Yes, I believe that, as women, we are strong! And I will do everything it takes to get healthy! You also gave me hope as far as the breast biopsy. Maybe it will be negative, but if not, I will get through that also! You can bet that I will be here alot, for the great support! Will keep you all informed of progress!!
Love,
Cindy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register