Hysterectomy dates Jan 15-Jan 22,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 15-Jan 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jan 15-Jan 22,2007

Unread 01-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 15-Jan 22,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Jan 15-Jan 22,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Im Back from the castle

I got home to day around 5m I came through ok.
Im having alot of gas pains, I think thats the worst.
I walked the hall and Finally passed gas, then they made me Eat solid food then let me go.I came home and took an hour nap..got up started walking to pass more gas I hope! Well when I feel better Ill post more.. really I think the gas pains are worse then anything!
Love to all!
Elaine
Unread 01-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 15-Jan 22,2007

My LAVH BSO was Monday the 15th. Got there at 5:30AM for surgery at 7:30. Got my surgical stockings, compression boots and IV, Once they injected the happy medicine in my IV I was out before I got to the OR. I had a hard time waking up and slept most of the day partly because my BP was running 84/42. I wasnt allowed any food just ice chips but I didnt feel like eating anyway. I am so glad I took earplugs because they helped muffle the IV beeping and all other noises. I still didnt get much sleep because they kept waking me to monitor my BP. The next morning at 6:30 they took the catheter out and made me walk. I still didnt feel like eating anything, Everytime they tried to get me off the oxygen my levels dropped so they put me back on. They were going to keep me one more night but I finally got to leave at 8PM. Felt good to get in my own bed except I had to walk upstairs to do it! Last night I had really sharp pains but they eventually subsided. Well I gotta go lay back down, cant sit at the computer to long. God bless to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2007, 10:34 PM
8 days post-op

LSH,BSO
Hope I got that right, I looked at the list and hope I didn't forget the abrev. already. Narcotics.

I had the robot assisted surgery, with the DaVinci robot. Amazing. I was up walking and eating within hours and they let took out my cath that evening. They let me get up and pee myself.

I came home the next morning. I have done better than I expected. I stopped the Percocet a few days ago, but am still taking the simethecone (sp?) as I still am not farting right! LOL

I am on the Vivelle dot patch at .01. I am only 34 so my doc felt the symptoms would be worse. I have been crying all evening, I guess he is right. Grey's Anatomy set me off.

I am so glad I found this website this evening. Just 3 months ago I was on a IVF support website, trying to have a baby. Instead of being able to create a new life, my fertility doctor saved mine. Thanks Dr B!

J

PS Oops wrong thread. Wonder if I can move this. Good luck ladies. Heal well.
Unread 01-19-2007, 06:39 AM

Had my TVH on Tuesday, was home before 2 pm on Wed. Have been doing great, felt great, until I overdid it yesterday. Gas pains have been horrible but at least I know everything is starting to work again. Going to take it easy from now on. Have to see the Dr. on 2/1 for my 2 week checkup. Hard to sit for long periods, would rather recline...to bad my computer chair can't do that.
Unread 01-19-2007, 11:36 AM

Hi all, had my LAVH on Monday. Was going to be able to go home that day except my bp was so low (80/40) and would not go up. My normal pressure is 90's/50's anyway, but they really wanted it to go up. I was able to pee and walk the same day (monday) Came home Tuesday and have been doing okay. Only thing I can say is that I am very emotional right now. Cry easy and lose my temper! I feel like I am a mess, I don't know what's going on and am such a freak right now. I yelled at my oldest daughter (9 yrs old) for the stupidest thing and I feel horrible for it. Is this all part of the hyster? Anyone else feeling the same way? Have my post op today and am going to ask my dr. about this.
Get well to all - happy thoughts only!
Ash
Unread 01-19-2007, 07:45 PM
1st day home

Hi. This is my 1st day home and my 1st time to this site. I'm not up to speed on the lingo so please...bear w/me. I had my surgery on Jan 16th and got home today - Fri the 19th. I had a total done. I'm doing well and couldn't wait for this. I think it was 7 years too late but I made it thru. I'm 36 and have so much to look forward to - esp with my kids. My son said that if I didn't feel better, he'd have to hurt someone. Kids, gotta love them!! I'm feeling really good, have too much gas but I see that it's normal. I have a split foyer and have gone up and down my stairs several times already. I had a c-section 13 years ago and was up and moving the same day. I'm not quite in the same shape but am still doing my best. I'm glad to have found this site and look forward to really more of my "sisters" responses. All my best to everyone
Unread 01-19-2007, 08:01 PM

had my surgery and was out to post op 9:45 the 16th with an abdominal total hyst and both tubes and ovaries. i went into menopause years ago, so i am all ready on the estrogen and don't expect any problems with that. they were short on rooms and the head nurse had her wires crossed and thought i was leaving the next day so wouldn't get me a room. by 6:30 pm i cried because i had nothing to eat or drink all day, the head nurse was stressed and took it out on us. they wheeled me into another area (supplies ?) and got me a tv. meanwhile my hubby hadn't seen me all day and complained, so they let him into the post op area. i finally got taken to a room at 10:45 that evening, i was tired, cranky and hungry. the gas pains have truely been the worse, but i passed this afternoon, so they let me come home. what a great bed this is. and i finally got to eat some real food. well, i'm tired and will be searching thru the site for more help thru these next couple of months. i plan to take it easy this next week and follow my dr intructions. for anyone still in the pre-op, the surgery was easy and i was knocked out before i got to the or.
Unread 01-20-2007, 02:19 PM

TAH,BSO on Wednesday 17th.
Home Friday around 2pm. Two "wonderful" nights at the castle
Gas pains are the worst part. Getting up is easy going and getting down is easy going. I'm at my best when I'm up walking around. Walking promotes gas passage

For the ladies on the other side. Waiting really is the hardest part.
Unread 01-20-2007, 03:05 PM
All Went Well

My surgery was Tuesday (16th), and I came home Friday (19th). I stayed longer due to a post-op fever. I had a TAH due to a large (grapefruit sized) fibroid on the right /outside of my uterus. My cervix was taken due to HPV and past pap smear results. The hospital and staff were awsome, and I let them know in a thank note as I left.
I had a spinal block and general anesthesia. My insicion is about 12", because the doctor also agreed to do a "scar revision" which is like a tummy tuck with out calling it that for insurance reasons.
Twelve hours after surgery they wanted me to sit on the side of my bed. I had just made it to the edge, and I passed out- and I was WAY OUT! I remained light headed for 2 days, probably the general anesthesia still effecting me. Every time I got up the color would drain from my face. For pain they gave me Lortabs and Motrin, and I had a "pain purse" that I carried around for 2 days, that pumped by a little tube, a novacain type medicine directly into the incision. The catheter came out, happily on Wednesday. Although, it was nice to lay in bed and drink all I wanted and not have to get up to go to the bathroom! LOL
My appetite has stayed small. I stocked my pantry with lots of chicken noodle and similar soups before going to the hospital. I am drinking lots of WATER and herb teas.
GAS! Oh the gas......I have taken 2 stool softners (am & pm) a day, and the last 2 days had a suppository each day. That produced little toots, but nothing major. Then I got agressive this morning and took Milk of Magnesia. I had gale force winds! No BM yet. I did a Milk of Magnesia bowel prep before going to the hospital, and was glad.
The best pain reliever has been an ice pack. I stopped taking the Lortabs and motrin because they are just too strong for me and are making me constipated. I am taking tylenol and ibuprofen, every other time about 6 hours apart, and using the ice pack about 3 - 4 times a day. I am not really in any pain, I just get swollen as the day goes on.
Underwear? Forget the underwear. I just wear a larger sized "bicycle type" short as my underwear. They are longer and have a little bit of support, but don't dig in anywear. I found some on sale for $5 before surgery and glad I bought a few pairs.
The pathology report came back and said that my fibroid had out grown it's own blood supply, and was beginning to die from the inside. The doctor said once the fibroid was completely dead it would have been a sac of "yukky stuff" in my body. She also reported to me after surgery that my uterus was stuck to my pelvic wall and the fibroid had also attached itself to the pelvic wall. I had feelings and questions of "was my decision justified" before surgery. So I was glad to hear all this, and know that it NEEDED to be done. What a relief to be on the other side!
What a wonderful site this is!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register