possible breast cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

possible breast cancer possible breast cancer

Unread 06-06-2001, 05:30 AM
possible breast cancer

hello all,
I have some questions about a breast io. Im 2 weeks post op from a TAH due to cervical cancer and now tomorrow Im have a needled bio done on both breast and am wondering if anyone can tell me how painful this is and how badly will I bruise from this and what other limits I will have added to my current limits.
I brusied badly from the TAh infact half way down both my legs wewk bruised. Please help am very concerned.

Thanks Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2001, 12:35 PM
possible breast cancer

Hi Brenda,
I had a needle biopsy a few weeks ago. It really does not hurt at all. The doc sticks a local first, which stung a bit...and then I was fine. You do feel a little pressure. If you do not want to bruise it is best to put ice on the entry point. I did not and did not bruise too much. You do however feel pulling and pinching for several weeks later as you heal. If there are any other questions please feel free to email me anytime...............GOOD LUCK
Valentina
Unread 06-06-2001, 01:27 PM
possible breast cancer

Hi Brenda,

Sorry to hear of your cervical cancer diagnosis, and upcoming breast biopsies. You have alot on your plate to deal with.
I hope your surgery was successful in ridding you of the cervical cancer and that you will not require any further treatment, and I will keep you in my prayers that nothing comes of these biopsies!
Come here anytime you have questions or just need a hug or shoulder. The women in this forum are truly wonderful!
Big Hugs from your Nova Scotia neighbour!
Maria xo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2001, 06:59 PM
possible breast cancer

Hi, Brenda! So sorry to hear you're just moving from one thing to the next.

I had a needle biopsy a couple of years ago and it really was no big deal. Now, of course, everyone responds differently to things, but I am no superwoman when it comes to pain--I don't like it, and I let everyone know. I was given some lifting restrictions, and they told me to wear a really supportive bra the first 2 weeks after to facilitate healing and minimize bruising/scarring. I got a great sports bra that held me really still without squishing me, and I had no problems! Good luck--I hope all turns out well.
Unread 06-06-2001, 09:20 PM
possible breast cancer

Hi Bren!

I enjoyed talking to you in the chat room last night and am glad you've visited this forum. You find alot of very caring, supportive ladies here.

I'm so sorry your having another scare, especially so close to the first one. I haven't any first hand experience with breast biopsies but wanted to add my thoughts and prayers for you.

Please let us know how everything turns out when you can. Take it easy and pamper yourself like a good

{{hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register