American Idol, New season starts! - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

American Idol, New season starts! American Idol, New season starts!

Unread 03-15-2007, 06:00 PM
American Idol, New season starts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverchick
Is this season 6 for idol?
Yes, it is season 6. And yeah every season there seems to be one who hangs around too long. Gives us all a reason to gripe. And I think it keeps the ratings up as everyone watches to see that person finally booted off! I actually got out of my seat and cheered when Scott S finally got the boot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2007, 10:57 AM

I feel the producers do it on purpose...underdogs, teens, singers that appeal to people fromthe Rat Pack years, different specialties..etc..
Unread 03-16-2007, 04:41 PM

Someone at work today was saying that another AI fan called into some show and was complaining about how unfair the voting seemed. She was told that the producers put a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen right before voting claiming they have the right to eliminate some "power" calls. Makes you kind of wonder how fair the voting actually is! After all, AI is basically a business, and in the end, the producers want someone who can sell records! I'm going to see if I can tell what she was talking about this next Tues. I'm going to record AI and see if I can see that disclaimer with my poor eyesight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2007, 05:31 PM

I have read discalimers that the producers can tell judges what to vote and say on other shows. I will be interested about the Power call rights they may have taken.
Unread 03-16-2007, 08:05 PM

Kind of takes the fun out of voting....
Unread 03-18-2007, 12:46 PM

I heard that the calls that were eliminated where those from automatic switchboards. You can put a number in & it just calls and calls. I don't mind having that kind uncounted.
Unread 03-18-2007, 03:04 PM

Good, then that meabs my efforts weren't wasted after all. I've never been one to call repeatedly like before like i have this time, but I just want to make sure Chris S has an honest chance. I may have to do it for the next-worse-singer above Sanjaye this time as well!
Unread 03-18-2007, 04:23 PM

I have never noticed that on the screen before you can start voting but I will look for it this week!!!!

Lets hope this is the week Sanjaya leaves!!!! He is awful!!!
Unread 03-21-2007, 08:41 AM

I wasn't too thrilled with last nights performances. The kids all even went off before the show ended. I think Melinda's was about the best. I don't even know who Lulu and that other guy is, and the song choices, didn't thrill me. I heard the judges liked Sanjaya and I saw that girl crying. I'm sorry but she is the reason he's still there, she and all the other little girls. I'm curious to see who gets the boot tonite! I couldn't believe Haley's outfit, or what there was of it!
Unread 03-21-2007, 08:52 AM

I thought that Sanjaya was worse than ever; his voice was terrible!
Melinda was the best, IMO.
That little girl cried for Melinda too - maybe she's just an emotional girl. I hope Sanjaya will finally get the boot

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register