What would you add to this dream.... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What would you add to this dream.... What would you add to this dream....

Unread 01-17-2007, 05:28 AM
What would you add to this dream....

Have to admit, I fell asleep going through this recovery house, and two rooms were pretty neat, one was a library room, no sound except the crackle from the fire place and the turning of the sisters pages in the books they were reading, over stuffed recliners and soft throws laying over laps! The other was a tea room, sisters were in this victorian room being served tea in delicate rose print china tea cups! I fell asleep before getting through the house!
I dont know who got the you are an angle award for me....but wow, I am humbled and touched. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2007, 07:55 AM

No phones to ring and wake you up in the middle of a really needed nap. Seems like every time I got to sleep (which wasn't often) someone would call to see if I was getting enough rest.
Unread 01-17-2007, 08:15 AM

Actually for those who are having insomnia problems, guided imagery (with or without a guide) has been very helpful for relaxation and sleep. Taking a mental walk through the "recovery center" and imagining all of the pampering and relaxing amenities can help you get to sleep. I've actually been using a guided imagery cd (on my ipod) to get to sleep at night instead of medication.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2007, 08:42 AM

Deedledumplin....aren't those angel awards the greatest thing. I sat and cried when I got mine. I was having a terrible day and got that and it was one of the greatest gifts I ever got. I know who gave me mine and I will never forget the kindness! From what I have seen here, you deserved it!
Unread 01-17-2007, 09:03 AM

I'd like to bring my kitties so they could purr for all of us and be our heating pads for those sore spots. And they would be allergy free for the Sisters who are allergic to critters.

And our cabana boys would bring us our favorite umbrella drinks and keep the litter boxes scooped.
Unread 01-17-2007, 11:09 AM

I would love to have a potion that would stop time. That way we know 5 year olds with runny nose and cough is not crying for you at 2am, oldest daughter is not having a sensitive moment and husband is not downplaying it by not listening to what she really needs. All kids are happy comfortable, hubby is comfortable they are all sleeping snuggly in their beds, but time has temporarily stopped while Mom is healing and resting. You come home everything is exactly how YOU left it. That is what I would wish for if I could have any dream!!!!!
Unread 01-17-2007, 11:37 AM

Oh, I so want to go here! I would add an unlimited supply of Chubby Hubby Ice cream from Ben & Jerry's, an endless wardrobe that we could choose clothes from that fit and looked nice, a house cleaner (nice looking guy, of course), and that my two doggies could come along and give everyone big sloppy healing kisses. Maybe add Drs to check on us who are kind, compassionate and understanding.

No bills, no phones, no bad things - only good things!
Unread 01-17-2007, 11:40 AM

Well I'm sorry but I just cannot relax without a good bottle of red wine. So add that to the list please!
Unread 01-17-2007, 12:10 PM

Call me shallow, but I'd have to vote for a 42" plasma....

....that I could watch with someone giving me a shoulder massage, of course!
Unread 01-17-2007, 06:00 PM
thanks

Thanks everyone for making this recovery house so much more wonderful then I had first imagined! I almost can't wait to go to sleep tonight to walk through it with all the additions!
Did anyone notice there is no mention of the kitchen or laundry area! LOL!
I agree about having the deluxe bathroom for the long sits there! Maybe recliner toilets! So we can fall asleep while we wait it out! Ha!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register